Mark Lyons from Xavier by way of Schenectady is transferring and can play immediately | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mark Lyons from Xavier by way of Schenectady is transferring and can play immediately

I would hope SU would at least talk to the kid. Its a little arrogant to say he'd wreck our chemistry, etc. So the 2 teams who played for the NCAA title are considering him but almighty SU is above taking a risk on him? Kansas has their starting backcourt back but they have room for him but SU doesn't? I'm not say ing SU should sign him but there is no doubt in my mind that SU would be a better team next year with Mark Lyons than without him. Mookie is not the solution. We may not need a solution but why not add a kid that can shoot and wants to play PG. He's a good player who played out of position for 3 years because of Tu Holloway. X was a 2 man team this year Holloway and Lyons so you can't really judge him by how many shots he took per game. Can you imagine how many shots Scoop would have taken without KJo, Dion, Fair or JSouth on the team this year?
Well UK loses their 2 starting guards, and like WalterReyes said, Kansas loses Taylor. Neither of htose teams have much left at G.

We still have MCW, Cooney and Triche.

With that said, I doubt he comes here because of it. If he can come here, keep his mouth shut, and be fine with 15mpg, then I'll reconsider. No way that happens though.

Well UK loses their 2 starting guards, and like WalterReyes said, Kansas loses Taylor. Neither of htose teams have much left at G.

We still have MCW, Cooney and Triche.

With that said, I doubt he comes here because of it. If he can come here, keep his mouth shut, and be fine with 15mpg, then I'll reconsider. No way that happens though.

Sometimes a player needs a fresh start and a second chance.

Tell him that if he applies himself he has a nice career somewhere, maybe even then NBA.

If he screws up, he'll be playing in Pelican Bay with Metta.

I'm the sure the staff is aware of him, and if they are not interested I put more stock in that than the opinions of some clowns on a message board.

I'm the sure the staff is aware of him, and if they are not interested I put more stock in that than the opinions of some clowns on a message board.
Right, let's stop having discussions because none of us are on the coaching staff. Makes sense.

Pretty funny that when I made the initial post, I deliberately made no opinion or comment about whether Syracuse should or should not attempt to recruit him. I knew it wouldn't take long for people to polarize this issue. My own opinion is that I have followed Lyons career for a long time and based on what I have always heard or saw, I say hands off. He's talented but not worth it.

That being said, I am not JAB, so if he feels that Lyons would be an asset, I would support his opinion 100%.

Did Waiters not change?

Did Waiters not change?
Waiters changed from freshman to sophomore year under the guidance of his "cousin" who made a similar transformation.

sometimes kids grow up, sometimes they don't.