Marlowe Wax is returning | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marlowe Wax is returning

You've got your bags packed and are at the station, but you let train leave without you...

Can't leave Browntown yet, son.

Hate to lose Thompson and Lowery, but in the current climate, this offseason really couldn't have gone much better to this point, as far as retaining the guys we were hoping to (knock on wood)

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

Hate to lose Thompson and Lowery, but in the current climate, this offseason really couldn't have gone much better to this point, as far as retaining the guys we were hoping to (knock on wood)
I think Lowery hurts the most of any transfer. He would have been a good fit here in this new defense just because he’s a guy with really good athleticism that can move around. But the plus side of what we’ve added makes me completely forget about him lol.

Props to Coach Brown and the major donors who helped make this possible.

Glad Marlowe will have a chance to finish his career the right way.

In a weird way, the Boca debacle might have left a taste that was so sour, some of the seniors on the fence about returning decided they had to come back.

Maybe that disaster actually helped the team for next season in some small way…..
Great take Tom i bet you are spot on.

Props to Coach Brown and the major donors who helped make this possible.

Glad Marlowe will have a chance to finish his career the right way.

In a weird way, the Boca debacle might have left a taste that was so sour, some of the seniors on the fence about returning decided they had to come back.

Maybe that disaster actually helped the team for next season in some small way…..
Fran already playing 4D chess with the loss.
Dino must be smiling somewhere like this
1000000115.gif

Insightful... As they say, failure is just another stepping stone to success

Big question is, whose his co-host for the MOBB podcast moving forward?

Marlowe was the one i was worried about the most. Absolutely amazing that he is running it back one more time. Having leaders like Wax and Barron are crucial for program flipping so much of their roster. I think he and McDonald will be a great set of LB’s with Sparrow and Heard backing them up?

I also think this may be the first time NIL has worked in our favor having a kid make a wise decision to come back, make another year of guaranteed NIL $, and earning a graduate degree. Is it possible he saw Mikel leave when he still had 1 year of eligibility and not initially make practice squad until the Cowboys picked him up in October? I think Marlowe is a great college player but his future after college is very much in doubt. I think best hopes would be to make a practice squad, which is a nice living, making $218,000/yr as a first year player, but seeing someone like Mikel not initially hang on, he guarantees himself of another season of NIL $, and have a chance to lead a team that could have a huge season, increasing his profile for the future. Total speculation. He just may just really want to come back and be part of a winning program for once. He deserves it either way.

Last edited:
Love Wax but why come back? He's given his heart to SU already and we love him for it. Surely he can make an nfl roster. Interesting decision.

Love Wax but why come back? Surely he can make an nfl roster. Interesting decision.
Really? Mikel didn't? It took Zaire years on PS, then ST's, and only then did he get his chance because Shaq Leonard tore his acl. Love Marlowe but I don't think it's as cut and dry as you think. Also, 3-3-5 is a bit of a gimmick defense which I don't believe many NFL defenses run it. Just typing out loud but maybe a different defense intrigues him and shows off his versatility. I did think he was better as a Jr not playing MLB. Not sure the difference with his responsibility in this scheme but I think this will showcase his best skill and that is stopping the run.

This is great and all but I’m really waiting on the Mob update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom