Marquette--conn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marquette--conn

ahahhaaaha, boneyard falling all over themselves to label it a good loss and talk about how great the team played. I will concede that Nappier was money most of the night but the rest of that team (with the occasional exception of Boatright) is just not good at all.

ahahhaaaha, boneyard falling all over themselves to label it a good loss and talk about how great the team played. I will concede that Nappier was money most of the night but the rest of that team (with the occasional exception of Boatright) is just not good at all.
My favorite topic is the one titled "This team is amazing!" then goes on to say why the Big East has to take notice and how much respect they gained tonight.

uconn is about what I expected--solid guards, but a terrible frontcourt. The guards literally need to shoot every time down the floor for them to have a chance. Despite their respectable early record, I think they're going to have a tough time being .500 in conference due to the limitations of their frontcourt.

That was some damn sloppy ball down the stretch for both teams. Passing was crap and the ball was loose all over the place. Some guys looked like they forgot how to dribble in traffic. UConn I can understand. They are not a deep team and looked gassed, which is why they went to zone. Marquette? I don't know what their excuse is. And what's with them playing that OL at center? That dude looked like he was about to pass out running the floor.

This was a tough game to watch simply because I can't stand either team and didn't want either to win. But I think I detested Marquette slightly more tonight.

I hope the panic button crowd DVRd this game...because THAT is what mediocrity looks like.

There is some awesome butthurt trolling on the ESPN boards of people questioning why Marquette couldn't miss one more FT so UConn covered. I love reading that stuff and having a good laugh at Uconn. Marquette was something like 0-14 from 3 until Cadougan hit the shot if they hit their jumpers they win by 15 or 20.

They always have Geno's girls to fall back though.

There's not a lot of there, there. The front court is historically, epically bad. So, yeah, seeing them competitive on the road with a middle of the pack BE team is a pleasant surprise.

I'm surprised there is no discussion of the start of the OT period. The officials were as bad or worse than either team. The OT starts with the teams incorrectly switching ends of the floor that they are shooting at facing the wrong direction for the jump ball. UConn wins the tap goes down puts up a shot that is blocked against the backboard. Goal tending is called, the officials huddle realize that the Uconn is all of a sudden shooting at the basket that Marquette finished regulation shooting at. They waive it all off turn the teams around and give Marquette the ball out of bounds under the basket that UConn just shot at.

Not that I care because it was UConn that was screwed, but I really don't understand how they didn't either start the OT over or treat them like they were shooting at the right basket, credit UConn with the basket on the goal tend turn them around and play on.

The explanation that it was an illegal shot made no freaking sense to me because the referees lined them up going the wrong direction for the jump ball. They essentially said we screwed up and wasted 12 seconds, but we're going to just wipe out what happened.

I'm surprised there is no discussion of the start of the OT period. The officials were as bad or worse than either team. The OT starts with the teams incorrectly switching ends of the floor that they are shooting at facing the wrong direction for the jump ball. UConn wins the tap goes down puts up a shot that is blocked against the backboard. Goal tending is called, the officials huddle realize that the Uconn is all of a sudden shooting at the basket that Marquette finished regulation shooting at. They waive it all off turn the teams around and give Marquette the ball out of bounds under the basket that UConn just shot at.

Not that I care because it was UConn that was screwed, but I really don't understand how they didn't either start the OT over or treat them like they were shooting at the right basket, credit UConn with the basket on the goal tend turn them around and play on.

The explanation that it was an illegal shot made no freaking sense to me because the referees lined them up going the wrong direction for the jump ball. They essentially said we screwed up and wasted 12 seconds, but we're going to just wipe out what happened.
It was definitely a tough break, the refs screwed up.

The did essentially start OT over; I mean instead of UConn having a 2pt lead with 4:48 left, it was tied, that isn't exactly a massive hinderance. MU got layup on their next possession, then UConn hit a 3; it sucked, but it wasn't why they lost.

It was definitely a tough break, the refs screwed up.

The did essentially start OT over; I mean instead of UConn having a 2pt lead with 4:48 left, it was tied, that isn't exactly a massive hinderance. MU got layup on their next possession, then UConn hit a 3; it sucked, but it wasn't why they lost.

I agree. It was more a comment on the officiating and why they handled the situation as they did.

uconn is about what I expected--solid guards, but a terrible frontcourt. The guards literally need to shoot every time down the floor for them to have a chance. Despite their respectable early record, I think they're going to have a tough time being .500 in conference due to the limitations of their frontcourt.

I suspect your intuition is correct, and certainly the mediocre conference record will have a major impact on their NCAA see... um... oh wait... nevermind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom