Marquette getting smoked last night is a reminder... | Syracusefan.com

Marquette getting smoked last night is a reminder...

RF2044

Living Legend
...of just how difficult it is to make it through the conference schedule without stubbing your toe a few times.

16-1 with the opportunity to be 17-1 is an amazing feat...and rare. And it's also a testimony to what our team has accomplished this year to get to that mark.

This season has truly been remarkable on many levels.

LGO!!!

...of just how difficult it is to make it through the conference schedule without stubbing your toe a few times.

16-1 with the opportunity to be 17-1 is an amazing feat...and rare. And it's also a testimony to what our team has accomplished this year to get to that mark.

LGO!!!

Very true. Cincy pretty much jumped on them from the tip and never took their foot off the gas. That was a good win seeing how everyone in the media was hopping on the Marquette bandwagon.

I thought that our win against Cincy was our biggest of the year. Coming off the loss against ND, Melo situation seemed up in the air and they came through. That's when I knew this team was really special, it wasn't about hard they could hit, it was about how hard they could get hit and keep moving forward- Rocky Balboa

I thought that our win against Cincy was our biggest of the year. Coming off the loss against ND, Melo situation seemed up in the air and they came through. That's when I knew this team was really special, it wasn't about hard they could hit it was about how hard they could get hit and keep moving forward.

No doubt. That was their game of the year, place was hopping and we got the W.

LGO!!!

Yes and South Florida taking down LVille on the road for senior night nonetheless shows it again. The conference overall might be down but there's not a night off. This is a very good Syracuse team and what they've done this season has been extraordinary.

A lot of people crucified Syracuse after the USF game but I for one came away impressed with USF. I thought they were formidable inside and a decent team. Of their 5 conference losses (Uconn, at Notre Dame, at Marquette, at Georgetown, at Syracuse) - nothing to sneeze at. Syracuse could've packed that game in early but didn't, the comeback and win is impressive in light of what South Florida has actually done this season.

Now if Marquette loses the last one at Georgetown and SU wins against LVille, SU will have rights to the most dominant single season in the BE regular season ever. SU will tie for the most wins (17) and the have the largest gap to second (4 games with Marq being 13-5).

Put that stat along with the 30+ wins and add the 30+ season 2 years ago and it will go a long way towards ending the "lots of good seasons but no great seasons" criticism. Of course, still need the NCAAT run to make the step up into the elite talk, but it is all within reach.

Now if Marquette loses the last one at Georgetown and SU wins against LVille, SU will have rights to the most dominant single season in the BE regular season ever. SU will tie for the most wins (17) and the have the largest gap to second (4 games with Marq being 13-5).

Put that stat along with the 30+ wins and add the 30+ season 2 years ago and it will go a long way towards ending the "lots of good seasons but no great seasons" criticism. Of course, still need the NCAAT run to make the step up into the elite talk, but it is all within reach.

I want a title. That's what a great season is if you're an elite program.