Marquiese Blanchard | Syracusefan.com

Marquiese Blanchard

timkay99

All Conference
Another new name per the notebook about insight to McDonald's offense posted on the football forum:

After committing to Howard University last weekend, a new program has come into the mix for Northwestern defensive end and 2012 Miami-Dade County sack leader Marquiese Blanchard.

Blanchard confirmed that Syracuse reached out to him this week and he has interest in their program.

or Carter since Blanchard is listed as a LB...a small LB under 200lbs.
Yeah, saw defensive end in the op and figured that was his position. Makes sense as a lb.

Yeah, saw defensive end in the op and figured that was his position. Makes sense as a lb.
He's listed at 6'2" 192lbs. That's safety size.

One more article (from southfloridahighschool sports.com):

PLAYER: Marquese Blanchard
CLASS: 2013
POSITION: DE
SCHOOL: Northwestern
CITY: Miami
HEIGHT: 6-3
WEIGHT: 235

SCOUTING: When we first saw this impressive football talent three years ago as a ninth grade linebacker at Miami Jackson, there was a feeling that he would one day be very special. He has not disappointed. Change of position, more mature and growth has put this impressive talent in a very elite group.

As a defensive end, this is one of those physical players who knows how to get to the quarterback and disrupt the flow of the play. The more you watch him, you can see how he has the chance to be very special as a pass rusher at any level. His athletic ability and experience have helped greatly.

CRYSTAL BALL: College coaches continue to be bowled over by the physical level this quality play-maker competes at. He will be a difference maker for years to come.

One more article (from southfloridahighschool sports.com):

PLAYER: Marquese Blanchard
CLASS: 2013
POSITION: DE
SCHOOL: Northwestern
CITY: Miami
HEIGHT: 6-3
WEIGHT: 235

SCOUTING: When we first saw this impressive football talent three years ago as a ninth grade linebacker at Miami Jackson, there was a feeling that he would one day be very special. He has not disappointed. Change of position, more mature and growth has put this impressive talent in a very elite group.

As a defensive end, this is one of those physical players who knows how to get to the quarterback and disrupt the flow of the play. The more you watch him, you can see how he has the chance to be very special as a pass rusher at any level. His athletic ability and experience have helped greatly.

CRYSTAL BALL: College coaches continue to be bowled over by the physical level this quality play-maker competes at. He will be a difference maker for years to come.
Why so few offers?

No idea. I just saw a video re: the 2012 Dade County all-star game that said he had 31 sacks this year. Can't find any tape of him.

We are really making a late push in Florida. Imagine a full recruiting cycle or 2 with McDonald leading the charge.

We are really making a late push in Florida. Imagine a full recruiting cycle or 2 with McDonald leading the charge.

Agree and if McDonald stays a few years I envision our prospect list to look similar to Louisville's from a Florida perspective (not quite as many as UL but many more fla kids than we hsd recruited previously and that's a decent amount) with obviously some northeast and midwest flavor to it.

If we reach for somebody, I really don't mind because I will trust the staff but I tend to hope that they have the measurables at the very least. 6'3, 235 fits the bill.

He sure has the size and speed for a DE; sacks leader in Miami-Dade is quite the accomplishment.

Kid is a Howard commitment. Howard.
eric-the-midget-08.jpg

If we reach for somebody, I really don't mind because I will trust the staff but I tend to hope that they have the measurables at the very least. 6'3, 235 fits the bill.
I've already said my piece about 'trust'.

This staff has proven that it can flip a couple of MAC kids, and get a couple of second-tier (in the eyes of the 'experts') kids from Florida.

And that's what we know: We can compete with MAC schools, and we can get kids below the Top 100 in Florida. Nothing more.

I'm not complaining. Just pointing out that those 'Just imagine if this staff gets a whole year to recruit...' memes have no proven basis in fact.

I've already said my piece about 'trust'.

This staff has proven that it can flip a couple of MAC kids, and get a couple of second-tier (in the eyes of the 'experts') kids from Florida.

And that's what we know: We can compete with MAC schools, and we can get kids below the Top 100 in Florida. Nothing more.

I'm not complaining. Just pointing out that those 'Just imagine if this staff gets a whole year to recruit...' memes have no proven basis in fact.
One thing to consider is that a lot of kids make a safe commitment early, have a blow up senior year and then get bigger offers late as Programs (like us) go cherry picking. Also, you cannot discount the fact that the new staff has at least generated interest in kids that have bigger offers and have even gotten several to visit, while only being on the job for about 2 weeks (Spearman for instance). That's where the "wait until they have a whole year to recruit" comes from.