Marrone is new specials coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone is new specials coach

He needs to be involved in managing a little bit of everything and helping his staff fix problems that inevitably arise. Plus, on game day, he's got to be someone overseeing the big picture, making high level decision, working the refs, etc. Don't need him talking to the ST unit with his back to the field at any point.
So pretty much you want him to be a figurehead and just stand there and yell at the refs? Why not just rehire Bob Casullo and make him the head coach?

So pretty much you want him to be a figurehead and just stand there and yell at the refs? Why not just rehire Bob Casullo and make him the head coach?

Call it a figurehead if you want, but leaders do their best work by building the right team of people underneath him/her and working to get the most out of them (as I said, helping them fill the gaps that arise/working through issues). By filling a hole on his own staff, he's taking away from what I think his job should be.

no its called paying attention to the state of the program-
am i anti marrone-hell no
do i think he is beyond reproach ?hell no

Yeah, right

I like the move. All we were asking for was someone to step up and be singular accountable for the play of the STs unit, not only has that happened, but the headman himself is taking the reigns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom