Marrone is now 2-9 in Big East HOME games | Syracusefan.com

Marrone is now 2-9 in Big East HOME games

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
That is a putrid record for home games. His teams constantly come out flat when playing at home, especially for noon games. He's doing something severely wrong for home game preparation.

That is more telling than everything... Especially when you have a fickle fan base that needs to see progress. Got to protect home...

That is more telling than everything... Especially when you have a fickle fan base that needs to see progress. Got to protect home...

What's even more telling is that the Big East has been terrible the past two years. If we were playing the Big East teams from 2006, 2007, and 2008, we'd be lucky to have any BE wins.

It's GumpRob all overall again but disguised partly by how bad the league has become.

Cheers,
Neil

I've been the biggest supporter of Coach Marrone but I may have to lean with the others and say that he'll be on the hot seat next year.
I wouldn't hesitate a second to trade Marrone with Charlie Strong and it's painful to admit that.

And in THIS conference which flat out sucks. Once again, we aren't losing because of talent. We are losing because we have a head coach in over his head. It shows week after week.

Sadly that is not going to change. I have been getting hammered for saying the same thing all year. DM is not a head coach and never will be. Made worse by obviously weak assistants (obvious because almost no one on this team has improved even slightly) who can't make up for DM's flaws. This is GROB all over again with different personalities. Guys who a lot of people like - but guys who suck as being head coaches.

Sadly that is not going to change. I have been getting hammered for saying the same thing all year. DM is not a head coach and never will be. Made worse by obviously weak assistants (obvious because almost no one on this team has improved even slightly) who can't make up for DM's flaws. This is GROB all over again with different personalities. Guys who a lot of people like - but guys who suck as being head coaches.

I always have a problem with making someone a head coach who has never called plays before on offense or defense. It NEVER works. Look at the examples, Herm Edwards (position coach jumped to head coach), Mike Tice (position coach jumped to head coach), Tony Sparano (position coach jumped to head coach). Marrone was the Offensive Coordinator in New Orleans but didn't call plays. He was Sean Payton's gopher on offense essentially. Holding meetings when Sean was busy doing other head coach stuff.

Doug acts the part, talks the part, looks the part...he isn't a NCAA Div I head coach. The results speak for themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom