Marrone meeting players today | Syracusefan.com

Marrone meeting players today

Cusefan78

Negative Nancy
So how's this going to work. He comes in builds something then guts it. Rumor is Wheatley is off to buffalo. Someone should tell Marrone that there are plenty of coaches out there that don't work at su.

Personally, I hope someone "pants-es" Marrone today and gets a pic that becomes an embarrassing Internet meme when he craps the bed in the Buff.

These guys are just learning a life lesson and how they deal with adversity. Deal with it with a mature attitude is what I hope this team does and hopefully they ask some questions and learn something...don't hold it in find out why he left if Marrone doesn't explain it well enough. Their coach just got a promotion, their old DC just got a promotion to me that sounds like success.

I hope the team and Doug share a great day together. Im extremely pissed about how Doug handled himself relative to Hack really pissed as it didnt have to go down like it did. However when it comes to the kids and how Doug treated them his body of work speaks for itself. They learned much from him about football and life and I truly hope that this is a positive day for all involved and that the kids treat Doug with the respect he deserves from them. This should be a celebration of four years of hard work and achievment and i hope that it is.

I hope the team and Doug share a great day together. Im extremely pissed about how Doug handled himself relative to Hack really pissed as it didnt have to go down like it did. However when it comes to the kids and how Doug treated them his body of work speaks for itself. They learned much from him about football and life and I truly hope that this is a positive day for all involved and that the kids treat Doug with the respect he deserves from them. This should be a celebration of four years of hard work and achievment and i hope that it is.

Nice thought in theory, the reality is he abandoned them before the job was don and not only that gutted the infrastructure of the team. I'll wager a significant number of them refuse to speak to him.

I think it's fine they are meeting and getting closure. They are his "guys" afterall. But, he's done quite a bit of short term damage. Maybe he stops the bleeding and the team can move on.

Nice thought in theory, the reality is he abandoned them before the job was don and not only that gutted the infrastructure of the team. I'll wager a significant number of them refuse to speak to him.
Hey im so pissed about what he has done in leaving that i could kick his fat arrogant ass. Still when he was here he gave 110% to the kids and to the program. I wish i knew why he changed his mind on Hack at the 12th hour as there was no need for it.. The other thing that is a mystery is why would you ever promise not to hire Shaf or Hack and than go back on that promise. Something had to go down that none of us know. I hope today goes well for him and for the kids they deserve it

Hey im so pissed about what he has done in leaving that i could kick his fat arrogant ass. Still when he was here he gave 110% to the kids and to the program. I wish i knew why he changed his mind on Hack at the 12th hour as there was no need for it.. The other thing that is a mystery is why would you ever promise not to hire Shaf or Hack and than go back on that promise. Something had to go down that none of us know. I hope today goes well for him and for the kids they deserve it
Do you know he promised this?

Hopefully they ask him how he plans on fulfilling his words in his email to them.

If Marrones smart he'll bring the Buffettes or Buffalo girls or whatever they call the dancers so the players aren't thinking clearly and he can skate out of town with a couple of more coaches.

Do you know he promised this?

I would like to know this too. Is that a definite or someones interpretation from a source. Someone else said on here that their source said TGD knew Hackett was probably going to Buffalo and was showing him an offer just in hopes he would stay.

If you say this is absolutely true without a doubt and not just how a source interpreted, than I'll take you for your word.

I'm not trying to bust your b@lls just so you know. We rarely agree on anything and that's okay, I respect the information you have to share.

I would like to know this too. Is that a definite or someones interpretation from a source. Someone else said on here that their source said TGD knew Hackett was probably going to Buffalo and was showing him an offer just in hopes he would stay.

If you say this is absolutely true without a doubt and not just how a source interpreted, than I'll take you for your word.

I'm not trying to bust your b@lls just so you know. We rarely agree on anything and that's okay, I respect the information you have to share.
I don't know whether this is true and was asking.

TDG could have had a good idea it might happen and was proactive?

To me, this sentence from his email to the players is where the contradiction lies:

"I will do everything in my power to ensure that your next head coach will continue on the path toward making Syracuse University a football powerhouse."

I guess "everything in his power" didn't include destabilizing the offensive coaching staff i.e. Hack.

Yeah I hope the whole team stands up and walks out on him

I sincerely hope these young men are better than that. I'll wager they are.

I wish i knew why he changed his mind on Hack at the 12th hour as there was no need for it..it

My guess is he had someone else (or more) on his list, and when they didn't work out, he decided on Hackett. I don't see why that shocks anyone, other than NHs lack of NFL experience. And I don't know that DM ever promised not to take NH or SS.

My guess is he had someone else (or more) on his list, and when they didn't work out, he decided on Hackett. I don't see why that shocks anyone, other than NHs lack of NFL experience. And I don't know that DM ever promised not to take NH or SS.
I do

I do

Are you talking about this Nate Hackett,

"IB Hack did a horrible job this year. We returned a veteran O and couldnt get out of our way. Our play calling was so bad his use of players in certain situations baffeling the lack of discipline and time management a complete joke. He almost made me think that Parianightmare was back in the box. Why this kid was hired and than promoted to OC and why he is keeping his job is a mystery. I hope he went home for Christmas and got a crash course from his Dad. " 1/1/12

"Im sick and tired of hearing about wonder boy and what a genius he is." 8/8/12

or how about this,

"By all accounts this years recruiting class is small. I think we can take about 18. This is the year to make the change if we are going to do so. If not i would force Doug to hire a new OC. I like Hack so possibly he is retained as a position coach. I also feel that Doug needs to swallow actually gulp down his stubborn pride and hire or assign one coach to Specials. IF he had hired a capable OC and IF he had paid true attention to Special teams our record could easily be 4-2. Doug is a good CEO he is a a very poor game day coach and our Special teams are as bad as i have ever seen them. Fix those two areas. Focus on the program as a CEO type along with coaching up the Oline and he might save his job. If not show him the door and either bring in a proven head coach with previous college head coaching experiance or elevate Shafer to head coach and let him bring in his guys on the O side. If it were my call i would name shafer head coach as i believe he can do for us what Flood is doing for Rutgers. " 10/14/12

You didn't seem all that concerned about the impact to recruiting three months ago. You were ready to fire Marrone if he didn't dump Hackett. Well you got your exact wish, Marrone's gone, Hackett's gone, Shafer got the job, an 8 win season to boot, and your still angry.

What's up with that?

BTW, great job assessing the state of the program 90 days ago.

So how's this going to work. He comes in builds something then guts it. Rumor is Wheatley is off to buffalo. Someone should tell Marrone that there are plenty of coaches out there that don't work at su.
Ya, it's hard enough having him leave in the middle of his "dream" at SU, let alone putting many of our top recruits in turmoil as he figures out which staff positions to poach.

Leave if you have to... but please don't f us on the way out, Doug. This is your alma mater, correct?

And while we're at it, I'm not signing on yet as a Buffalo bedfellow. Yes you took our coach, and you might even take Nassib in the draft. But well all know that if Doug doesn't win enough games, the city of Buffalo, which makes Syracuse look like greenwich village, will roast him on one of those piles of burning garbage drunken fans leave in the parking lot every sunday.

Are you talking about this Nate Hackett,

"IB Hack did a horrible job this year. We returned a veteran O and couldnt get out of our way. Our play calling was so bad his use of players in certain situations baffeling the lack of discipline and time management a complete joke. He almost made me think that Parianightmare was back in the box. Why this kid was hired and than promoted to OC and why he is keeping his job is a mystery. I hope he went home for Christmas and got a crash course from his Dad. " 1/1/12

"Im sick and tired of hearing about wonder boy and what a genius he is." 8/8/12

or how about this,

"By all accounts this years recruiting class is small. I think we can take about 18. This is the year to make the change if we are going to do so. If not i would force Doug to hire a new OC. I like Hack so possibly he is retained as a position coach. I also feel that Doug needs to swallow actually gulp down his stubborn pride and hire or assign one coach to Specials. IF he had hired a capable OC and IF he had paid true attention to Special teams our record could easily be 4-2. Doug is a good CEO he is a a very poor game day coach and our Special teams are as bad as i have ever seen them. Fix those two areas. Focus on the program as a CEO type along with coaching up the Oline and he might save his job. If not show him the door and either bring in a proven head coach with previous college head coaching experiance or elevate Shafer to head coach and let him bring in his guys on the O side. If it were my call i would name shafer head coach as i believe he can do for us what Flood is doing for Rutgers. " 10/14/12

You didn't seem all that concerned about the impact to recruiting three months ago. You were ready to fire Marrone if he didn't dump Hackett. Well you got your exact wish, Marrone's gone, Hackett's gone, Shafer got the job, an 8 win season to boot, and your still angry.

What's up with that?

BTW, great job assessing the state of the program 90 days ago.
Ouch!

Exhibit A why you should never post an emotionally based tirade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom