Marrone on Pardon My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone on Pardon My Take

Random thoughts on Marrone
1- I bust his balls on his dream job comment not because I hate him or think he made a bad decision to take the job he took, but because it was a stupid comment that put him in a box and he deserves to have his balls busted for it
2- I dont think he is nearly as bad a coach as some of y'all up thread, but I dont want him back here. While I dont begrudge him doing what is best for him, i also dont want someone back who demonstrated that he envisioned his path leading somewhere other than here. Its like, we dont even have the illusion that the coach isnt going to leave when a bigger shark comes along in his case.

For someone that seemingly hated the media I think it’s funny how much he seems to like Big Cat and PFT. They don’t seem like they’d be Marrone’s type of guys. This is a picture from an interview they did last summer.
View attachment 167671

Dougie probably likes them b/c their whole schtick is crapping on traditional media

Dougie probably likes them b/c their whole schtick is crapping on traditional media

They're also generally liked by anyone who gets connected with them. Big Cat has a knack for making people come off as likeable and "just a normal guy." They're one of those interviews that doesn't feel like an interview if they have someone who will play along. I honestly don't listen to much Pardon My Take anymore but I've followed Big Cat basically since he was introduced, like 6 or 7 years ago, and and that guy grinds. Pardon My Take definitely plays on the overused and ridiculous things that the media does, so I'm sure you're right that's a part of it too.

I wonder if Doug is back in 5 years. Dino is not gonna be here forever and Doug will not last in the NFL imo. Renovated Dome, excited fanbase, we might be his dream job in 2024.
Don't want him. He would only be here until his next "dream job" came along. ;)

I could give a damn about the dream job crap, he did a fine job getting us out of GERG hell, but the guy is an NFL coach, period. he hates recruiting, he hates the PR/glad handing crap you have to do as a head coach in college.He is a miserable guy, and by that I mean he is never happy anywhere for long. and, he certainly could be quite miserable to work for. I assume the poster was being sarcastic about him coming back... or maybe not!

They're also generally liked by anyone who gets connected with them. Big Cat has a knack for making people come off as likeable and "just a normal guy." They're one of those interviews that doesn't feel like an interview if they have someone who will play along. I honestly don't listen to much Pardon My Take anymore but I've followed Big Cat basically since he was introduced, like 6 or 7 years ago, and and that guy grinds. Pardon My Take definitely plays on the overused and ridiculous things that the media does, so I'm sure you're right that's a part of it too.

If you want to hear some interviews where the guest doesn't play along, go back in the archives and find the ones with Dan Marino and Zak Prescott.

Come on. Marrone ain’t coming back here. It’s fairly obvious he was gunning for Jacksonville the whole time. I can almost guarantee you he doesn’t take a head coaching gig anywhere else after this.

And Babers will coach here for 15 more years

Babers turns 58 tomorrow, so he probably could coach another 7 to 10 years. If he is going to ever leave Syracuse, I would think it will happen in the next year or two given his age. The one school that will probably have an opening next season and could interest Babers is USC.

They made Joe Buck likable.

Joe Buck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom