Marrone out | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone out

I didn't realize you were such an Alabama insider. Please keep us posted.
How he things he even knows who runs Alabama football is amazing.

Why try to get alumni Dabo Sweeney to come home when they will have Doug Marrone on staff.

This guy

Not for nothing any coach that wins here consistently can cement his legacy as an amazing coach and stay if they want. Syracuse is a very difficult job and hasn’t won consistently in 20 years. I thought Dino might be that guy, now I’m not so sure. FDCDM absolutely made the right decision to move on and i doubt he has any buyers remorse.

How he things he even knows who runs Alabama football is amazing.

Why try to get alumni Dabo Sweeney to come home when they will have Doug Marrone on staff.

This guy
They don't have any sentiment like that there. Strictly business. Like the Yankees use to be. No feelings involved, they only play to win championships and all their decisions start there.

They don't have any sentiment like that there. Strictly business. Like the Yankees use to be. No feelings involved, they only play to win championships and all their decisions start there.
This is pattenly false.
Saban runs the entire operation.
When he came in he told the boosters he was in charge.
They have to keep him happy.

3 years ago Texas back channeled an offer to Saban 10 years 150 million before they hired Tom Herman.
Saban didn’t want to go Austin because he had complete control of the boosters in Alabama by that point and didn’t want to have to do that again in Texas.
When he literally doesn’t pay for anything in Alabama.
The Tide boosters pay his mortgages on his property, pay for his cars, pay his for private charter plane service with Wheels Up, pay for his country club membership.

The boosters do whatever he says and whenever he says it while staying out of his way because of the success he has had.

Doug Marrone nice coach he isn’t replacing Saban.
Bama will try to hire Sweeney from Clemson because he is an alum. If he says no then nobody has a clue.

This is pattenly false.
Saban runs the entire operation.
When he came in he told the boosters he was in charge.
They have to keep him happy.

3 years ago Texas back channeled an offer to Saban 10 years 150 million before they hired Tom Herman.
Saban didn’t want to go Austin because he had complete control of the boosters in Alabama by that point and didn’t want to have to do that again in Texas.
When he literally doesn’t pay for anything in Alabama.
The Tide boosters pay his mortgages on his property, pay for his cars, pay his for private charter plane service with Wheels Up, pay for his country club membership.

The boosters do whatever he says and whenever he says it while staying out of his way because of the success he has had.

Doug Marrone nice coach he isn’t replacing Saban.
Bama will try to hire Sweeney from Clemson because he is an alum. If he says no then nobody has a clue.
It takes a lot to run that program from Saban. He's smart he won't hold on too long.

Whether he enjoyed it or not doesn’t matter. It was a challenge that he wanted to take on. Not sure why people should suspect anything. We don’t know what they want. It being the entertainment business doesn’t mean fans get to decide someone’s legacy or level of risk taking in their profession. They obviously don’t care about tarnished NFL coaching records. They wouldn’t have taken on the challenge if they did. They knew what the risks were. Most coaches fail in the NFL.
Really don’t understand your point.

Really don’t understand your point.
Why are you trying to guess what they were thinking when they make career decisions? You dont know. Thats my point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 007
Why are you trying to guess what they were thinking when they make career decisions? You dont know. Thats my point.

Oh.

I don't think I was guessing as to why Marrone made the decision he made.

I thought you did - that he wanted to coach at the highest level of football.

I simply observed that in the long term he made a bad decision.

Oh.

I don't think I was guessing as to why Marrone made the decision he made.

I thought you did - that he wanted to coach at the highest level of football.

I simply observed that in the long term he made a bad decision.
My bad. I misread your response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom