Marrone - Player Caught Shoplifting = Kicked off Team... | Syracusefan.com

Marrone - Player Caught Shoplifting = Kicked off Team...

Silly to compare. You are assuming that this was Hunt's first transgression (or MCW for that matter) which is the only way to compare punishment. Also Spring ball and real games are tough to compare

Silly to compare. You are assuming that this was Hunt's first transgression (or MCW for that matter) which is the only way to compare punishment. Also Spring ball and real games are tough to compare
Supposedly we don't have any real games until end of Jan.

for Spring practice.

Boeheim - Player Caught Shoplifting - ??
Hes get rewarded with access to the football board, where only the best of the best reside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might not be an apples to apples comparison, but there isn't much doubt about which coach is the stricter disciplinarian.

And then there's Desko...

Might not be an apples to apples comparison, but there isn't much doubt about which coach is the stricter disciplinarian.

And then there's Desko...

What, you don't think even JB could overlook what Kevin Drew did? Though you might be privy to more lacrosse info than I am, that seems to be the highest profile/most humorous SU athlete transgression.

What, you don't think even JB could overlook what Kevin Drew did? Though you might be privy to more lacrosse info than I am, that seems to be the highest profile/most humorous SU athlete transgression.

I'd guess that would have played out similarly. Multi-game suspension, come back at some point and play some games. No way to know, of course.

That was the worst publicly-known offense of any SU athlete in decades, though. Marked the end of my support of the lacrosse team. Really disgraceful episode.

I'd guess that would have played out similarly. Multi-game suspension, come back at some point and play some games. No way to know, of course.

That was the worst publicly-known offense of any SU athlete in decades, though. Marked the end of my support of the lacrosse team. Really disgraceful episode.

As bad as that was, I think some of the domestic issues that are fairly widely known about some basketball players are worse.

As bad as that was, I think some of the domestic issues that are fairly widely known about some basketball players are worse.

Yeah, there's been some really bad stuff that has become semi-common knowledge (not sure if we're thinking of the same player). But as far as "charges brought, written up in the newspapers" official misdeeds go, Drew and Desko take the cake.

Yeah, there's been some really bad stuff that has become semi-common knowledge (not sure if we're thinking of the same player). But as far as "charges brought, written up in the newspapers" official misdeeds go, Drew and Desko take the cake.

I'm thinking of two guys, so I'm sure there's at least one overlap.

I wish I knew what you two were referring to, but I will say that if asked to describe lacrosse players as a general rule, I wouldn't go with "salt of the earth."

Marrone has the luxury of kicking someone off the team when you have 80 scholarship players. You take one player off a football team that won't hurt as much. You kick a star BBall pg off our team it destroys our season. Bottom line he wasn't arrested for shoplifting. I kind of wondered myself if it was some kind of prank, but it wasn't. I know that are a lot who love to rush to judgment these days, but kids make mistakes. Anybody on this board who hasn't made a mistake in their life raise their hand...enough said.

Hunt was never kicked off the team.

He was only suspended for a few practices ... 15 of them.

Hunt was arrested.
MCW wasn't.

Not sure what's confusing.
Does that mean that the difference is that MCW has a credit card to make quick amends and Hunt doesn't? That would seem like an unfair consequence of Hunt not having parents.

Marrone has the luxury of kicking someone off the team when you have 80 scholarship players. You take one player off a football team that won't hurt as much. You kick a star BBall pg off our team it destroys our season. Bottom line he wasn't arrested for shoplifting. I kind of wondered myself if it was some kind of prank, but it wasn't. I know that are a lot who love to rush to judgment these days, but kids make mistakes. Anybody on this board who hasn't made a mistake in their life raise their hand...enough said.

I think everyone agrees that most people make mistakes. Depending on the degree of severity of the mistake, different consequences result. Mike saw some civil consequences (he's out $500). The question is whether he should see concrete social consequences in the form of temporarily losing the great privilege is playing basketball at Syracuse.

So you think that he should be kicked off the SU bball team for allegedly stealing something? Or (even though we know he did it) a source who allegedly says he did it, but still wasn't arrested for it? I don't believe in punishing a person when it is already mediated with the store and security. To be honest I don't know how a university should be involved at all considering he wasn't arrested for anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom