Marrone texted all of the Bills | Syracusefan.com

Marrone texted all of the Bills

OrangeFoo

All American
Yet he has no time to text or email his players at Syracuse? My respect for him is waning pretty quickly, I get it, everyone has the right to advance themselves but I thought he would have more respect or his explayers.

He's meeting them all face to face Saturday or Sunday.

Yet he has nontim to text or email his players at Syracuse? My respect for him is waning pretty quickly, I get it, everyone has the right to advance themselves but I thought he would have more respect or his explayers.

First off, do you know that DM texted the Bills players? Typically a coach's assistant does that for the HC.

Secondly, DM is having a meeting with the players on Sunday night. Other coaches like Edsall, Graham and Tuberville are examples of disrespectful exits. DM didn't even have a contract until early this morning. What was he supposed to do?

I have a feeling that he will leave the team on a good note after that meeting. It's gotta be tough for the players, and him as well, but he has the backing of many people inside that program, including many players' well wishes.

He isn't a runaway dead-beat. He will try and make it right, for whatever it's worth. Wouldn't want to be him though.

I recently "hired" my ex-boss to do some freelance at my current job. I told him, "man, when they were laying us off at our last job, I was kinda disappointed that you had to do it and not our big boss" (I rarely spoke with the big boss and thought she wasn't very good). Anyway, he told me that it was his idea to do it himself, out of respect. He was surprised and said guess you just can't win.

Marrone seems to be doing all the wrong things. The opposite of what we thought he was about. Maybe he just wants to talk to the players in person. I think we should be patient and see how this plays out. I just have a feeling that when all is said and done, we'll like the guy again. At least that's what I hope.

Glad he is giving them the courtesy of a face to face. Someone had said earlier welcome to the real world for the players with Marrone splitting on them and no one knowing. Sounds like his assistants were also left out of his plans based on Nathaniel Hackett's comments. I wonder how many dreams will be present in the player face to face. Or maybe he'll just play Van Halen's "Dreams" and Sammy Hagar will show up.

People blame him for 'not showing respect' but honestly, most of it is over the line. He WILL meet with them personally this weekend and had HE been the one 'not shown the respect' by the University for whatever reason (ie. not winning enough games and being fired without warning), most people in this forum wouldn't give a damn about him because they'd say he didn't do his job. Well given that he never had an official extension, he fulfilled his job as a coach and now he's no longer the coach. Whine away but it's life and it doesn't take away from the fact that as a person, he was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

This board can't accept that they just want things THEIR way without considering the fact that coaches have their own lives, interests, and family to look after. I'm sure he'll apologize for not letting YOU be the first priority in his life because clearly, that's what you would do.

He's meeting them all face to face Saturday or Sunday.

Sunday night at an already scheduled end of the season meeting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Can we just agree that you're not sure about the situation?

Alright, no need to be snarky. It was a pretty mild comment in which I was trying to express that I wish Doug had worked harder to make his departure smoother.

Per this MSG board texting an entire team is physically impossible. Therefore it can't be true.

Per NCAA rules, dead period for coaches contacting players until Sunday. Doug is respecting that and preventing Syracuse from NCAA violations. How would you
like that. The program could go on NCAA probation. Secondly, the players are all
at home for the holidays and back at school Sunday evening and the dead period is over.

Yet he has no time to text or email his players at Syracuse? My respect for him is waning pretty quickly, I get it, everyone has the right to advance themselves but I thought he would have more respect or his explayers.
Wait a minute. I thought it was established that Marrone didn't do the interwebs or that fancy texting, he gets thumb tied.

Alright, no need to be snarky. It was a pretty mild comment in which I was trying to express that I wish Doug had worked harder to make his departure smoother.
But the point is that you don't really know what's going on behind the scenes. So, be careful when complaining about what Doug did or didn't do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom