Marrone thinks 'media really pumped up' Nassib connection | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone thinks 'media really pumped up' Nassib connection

The situation is obviously different than most.

BTW, Marrone says he called Nassib on Friday. Nassib says he hasn't heard from him. What's up with that?
I have seen Marrone's quote: "On day 2 of the draft I called Ryan and said, ‘I’m sorry things worked out the way they did and I think you’re a great player and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate everything you’ve done for me.’ "

Can you cite where Nassib is quoted as saying that he never got a call?

I have seen Marrone's quote: "On day 2 of the draft I called Ryan and said, ‘I’m sorry things worked out the way they did and I think you’re a great player and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate everything you’ve done for me.’ "

Can you cite where Nassib is quoted as saying that he never got a call?

Its in a PS article from yesterday.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Its in a PS article from yesterday.

Thanks. I see it here: http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/05/former_syracuse_quarterback_ry_2.html

Nassib was diplomatic in his assessment of the Bills' choice, calling it a "business decision" and saying he has no ill will toward any of his former coaches. He also said he has not heard from Marrone, Hackett or anyone else in the Buffalo organization since before the draft.

Sent using my Xerox Alto

Problem is, that's not what I said. Marrone is right. It WAS media hype. Marrone has every right to choose the QB he wants. I am specifically calling out his decision to say only "no comment" during the draft when asked about Ryan directly. I'm not making an "argument". It's my opinion and it certainly is valid.

I think the recent quotes that basically show Marrone lying about contacting Ryan kind of proves my point about the type of person he is. He still may end up being a GREAT coach.

Your not the only person to equate a draft day tough business decision with personal disloyal butthurt.

I understand the perspective.

I also understand it's not a valid argument.

Whatever. What specifically is "bad" about my post?

I know what credence he gives to loyalty and actually caring about his players. Problem is, he would tell you different. And, of course, he'd be full of shat.

My guess is you have no idea how loyal Marrone is or how much he truly cares about his players.

So, who to believe? Nassib or Marrone?

No idea. But there is a 3rd possibility in that the writer could have heard Nassib wrong since the words aren't a "direct" quote from Nassib.

No idea. But there is a 3rd possibility in that the writer could have heard Nassib wrong since the words aren't a "direct" quote from Nassib.

No one knows the truth. But how likely is it the reporter heard Ryan incorrectly say that no one had called him? Or did he suddenly forget a long conversation with Marrone where they 'made things right'? And really what motivation would Ryan have in lying - he clearly has done nothing but say the right things throughout his career, there is almost no chance he's going to forget to mention that Marrone and he discussed the situation after the draft... Clearly Marrone was playing damage control because he looked like a jerk. Given the track record would it be surprising if he lied about a conversation with Nassib? He KNOWS Ryan couldn't/wouldn't ever directly call him out on the lie because it would make him look like a whiner instead of someone who is happy to be a back-up for the Giants, and it's an easy way to make him look better. Just like if he lied to people during the process of his departure he knew no one would call him out on it as it makes the university look bad when their positions has to be one of 'thanks Doug your the best go represent Cuse in the NFL'. I mean maybe it's an accidental ommissiion or the reporter got it wrong - I hope for the best but in this case think the worst.

ding^^^

...fries are done.

would you like an apple pie with that?

Problem is, that's not what I said. Marrone is right. It WAS media hype. Marrone has every right to choose the QB he wants. I am specifically calling out his decision to say only "no comment" during the draft when asked about Ryan directly. I'm not making an "argument". It's my opinion and it certainly is valid.

I think the recent quotes that basically show Marrone lying about contacting Ryan kind of proves my point about the type of person he is. He still may end up being a GREAT coach.

1. You are saying he is lying. Prove it. Is it the more likely possibility that something about this has not been reported correctly? Occam's razor...

2. Draft decisions in process are done with a poker face and with as little comment as possible. The reason is quite simple, the less you say, the less likely your are to tip off your competing teams draft peers on your next move.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion. Just as I am to mine.

I don't particularly like Marrone. I think the way he handled his exit here as coach was poor and speak more to what you are insinuating. I also dislike the bills so I can't say I want to see him succeed.

But neither of these positions have anything to do with his actions in this draft and Ryan... There's plenty of reasons to dislike Marrone, I just don't think his behavior in this draft is one of them (unless it is proven he is blatantly lying about "reaching out" to Ryan last Friday).

1. You are saying he is lying. Prove it. Is it the more likely possibility that something about this has not been reported correctly? Occam's razor...

2. Draft decisions in process are done with a poker face and with as little comment as possible. The reason is quite simple, the less you say, the less likely your are to tip off your competing teams draft peers on your next move.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion. Just as I am to mine.

I don't particularly like Marrone. I think the way he handled his exit here as coach was poor and speak more to what you are insinuating. I also dislike the bills so I can't say I want to see him succeed.

But neither of these positions have anything to do with his actions in this draft and Ryan... There's plenty of reasons to dislike Marrone, I just don't think his behavior in this draft is one of them (unless it is proven he is blatantly lying about "reaching out" to Ryan last Friday).
Actually, the most likely scenario is that he's lying if you want to apply Occam's Razor.

Actually, the most likely scenario is that he's lying if you want to apply Occam's Razor.

I am sure the truth will come out soon / be clarified... really dumb lie if so, and I don't think Dougie is that stupid, hence why I think occam's is that something has been mis-reported.

Okay, so add IMO before my post.

I know what credence he gives to loyalty and actually caring about his players. Problem is, he would tell you different. And, of course, he'd be full of shat.

My guess is you have no idea how loyal Marrone is or how much he truly cares about his players.