Marrone thoughts on expansion | Syracusefan.com

Marrone thoughts on expansion

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Gotta love him

Coach Doug Marrone said he was excited about the prospects of joining the ACC, but wants to remain focused on the season.

"Joining the ACC puts us in a strong position for the future, and again I'm excited about the quality of schools, academically and athletically and the competition," he said. "I look forward to them in the future. What I've told the staff and what I've told the players is that our focus right now is on this season, so I've told them not to comment on it. I'm probably not going to comment on it at all. We have a much larger task with our program to concentrate on the teams that we have coming in and the upcoming season. I know that everyone here has a job to do, and I respect that. All I ask is that you respect that we have a job to do, because I would like to make sure that I'm the coach when we bring this team forward for the future of the ACC, and that means winning football games."

From the ESPN BE Blog

At his lunch today he gave a bit more when asked specifically about recruiting... He straight up said that they would be talking this up while recruiting and if the schools in Conn. & NJ are on the outside looking in at the end of this, it would positively impact our ability to recruit New Jersey in a big way..

I was also there, he also said he feels "great" about recruiting in general right now and are looking to continue cultivating relationships in georgia, virginia and florida. Realizes theyve been shunned from NJ.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

At his lunch today he gave a bit more when asked specifically about recruiting... He straight up said that they would be talking this up while recruiting and if the schools in Conn. & NJ are on the outside looking in at the end of this, it would positively impact our ability to recruit New Jersey in a big way..

Any chance the write-up becomes public soon?

People in North Jersey still laugh when I speak about Syracuse football. Rutgers unfortunately has completely taken over all college football talk in the area...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom