Marrone vs. Schiano - An RU Production | Syracusefan.com

Marrone vs. Schiano - An RU Production

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=148872229&mid=148872229&sid=988&style=1

Sorry, I couldn't pass this up. It's so sad listening to these people try to talk themselves into mediocrity.

It does seem sad until you realize most of these "fans" didn't even realize there was a football team at Rutgers prior to 2005. Did they ever tell you about the big game RU won at home against Louisville 4 days after the Cardinals beat the conference favorite WVU? Its true. Propelled them all the way to the Texas Bowl.

For whatever reason, Schiano does recruit better than Marrone.

I certainly hope that will change. Soon.

For whatever reason, Schiano does recruit better than Marrone.

I certainly hope that will change. Soon.

Not trying to pick on your post - but why do you think that Schiano recruits better than Marrone? Based on Rivals and Scout recruiting rankings? Because Rutgers fans say so? The talent levels of Rutgers and Syracuse have looked pretty even over the last three times we have played them and the only area where Rutgers has a clear talent advantage is at the WR position.

Not trying to pick on your post - but why do you think that Schiano recruits better than Marrone? Based on Rivals and Scout recruiting rankings? Because Rutgers fans say so? The talent levels of Rutgers and Syracuse have looked pretty even over the last three times we have played them and the only area where Rutgers has a clear talent advantage is at the WR position.

Correction, it looked even the last 2 times we have played them. In 2009 we looked much more talented on that particular day. That was the first Marrone Dome destruction of a ranked team before last Friday outdid it.

Otherwise, your point should be well taken by all.

I can only base my opinion on what the Rivals and Scout recruiting rankings show. What else do you have to go on?

The fact that we have beaten them, or played close the past three times, is primarily due to coaching, IMO. I like the players that Marrone is bringing in, but I keep hoping we start getting some blue chip recruits. Especially, at the skill positions.

Jersey How will Cuse be perceived now? Ruttie in a glorified midmajor league versus Cuse in the ACC?

I can only base my opinion on what the Rivals and Scout recruiting rankings show. What else do you have to go on?

The fact that we have beaten them, or played close the past three times, is primarily due to coaching, IMO. I like the players that Marrone is bringing in, but I keep hoping we start getting some blue chip recruits. Especially, at the skill positions.

You go by what you see on the field. Trust your own talent evaluation. Do not give any credence to recruiting rankings which are formulated by some scam artist who has watched about 30 seconds of tape. Now if you think that Rutgers has better talent and Marrone is the equalizer than I hear that and respect your opinion.

Personally, I think the talent levels are very similar. Marrone (and staff) is a better coach who has been a great equalizer in developing very young and inexperienced players. That is why we have beaten RU 2 out of 3 (and should have won 3 out of 3). That is why Syracuse was in a bowl game last year and Rutgers was not. That is why Syracuse beat West Virginia for the 2nd year in a row and Rutgers will lose to them for the 57th consecutive time on Saturday.

My favorite line is this...

I think there's a limit to Cuse's potential due to their location.

Was Syracuse located down south or something prior to the hiring of Greg Robinson, when we were a perennial top 25 team? It's said a million times, but football really did not exist for these clowns before 2005. Their fan base has no knowledge of the past, or simply refuse to acknowledge it because of how awful their team was. It's funny how you never heard from a Rutgers fan prior to their magically season, and since then, all they want to do is judge your team and beat their chest from that time frame on like they're all high and mighty.

It'll be the day when we can finally move on from the ridiculousness that is Rutgers football on this board. And God help us if they somehow, miraculously get picked up by the ACC.

Jersey How will Cuse be perceived now? Ruttie in a glorified midmajor league versus Cuse in the ACC?

The Friday night ESPN win over West Virginia is a "program changing" win according to one of our coaches. Also - I was shocked to hear some of the names we are involved with for 2013. Syracuse is in very, very good shape going forward. Would love to be stuck in the Big East in 2013 because I really do beleive this team would win the conference and go BCS bowling.

As far as the conference moves, remember, Schiano and staff will sell, sell, sell to recruits that a Big Ten invite is imminent and will undoubtedly succeed in minizing any significant negative perception. Have to give him credit in one respect - the guy can sell and he does so relentlessly.

The Friday night ESPN win over West Virginia is a "program changing" win according to one of our coaches. Also - I was shocked to hear some of the names we are involved with for 2013. Syracuse is in very, very good shape going forward. Would love to be stuck in the Big East in 2013 because I really do beleive this team would win the conference and go BCS bowling.

As far as the conference moves, remember, Schiano and staff will sell, sell, sell to recruits that a Big Ten invite is imminent and will undoubtedly succeed in minizing any significant negative perception. Have to give him credit in one respect - the guy can sell and he does so relentlessly.

This sounds glorious.

I enjoyed reading this post:

"Original poster forgot one thing:

Marrone is taking the Orange to the ACC.
Schiano is taking us nowhere."

My favorite line is this...

I think there's a limit to Cuse's potential due to their location.

Was Syracuse located down south or something prior to the hiring of Greg Robinson, when we were a perennial top 25 team? It's said a million times, but football really did not exist for these clowns before 2005. Their fan base has no knowledge of the past, or simply refuse to acknowledge it because of how awful their team was. It's funny how you never heard from a Rutgers fan prior to their magically season, and since then, all they want to do is judge your team and beat their chest from that time frame on like they're all high and mighty.

It'll be the day when we can finally move on from the ridiculousness that is Rutgers football on this board. And God help us if they somehow, miraculously get picked up by the ACC.

I think they forgot to add this line: "We have reached our potential due to our location"

I like this one:

"To say on the field results is all that matters, well you won't sustain a winning program very long if you have to rely on coaching up two stars. "

Guess RU fans have never heard of a program named Boise State. Last I checked, on field performance is all that matters when you're playing a competitive sport - it's the end product that you do all your preparation for. If you can win recruiting battles, great, but if you can't develop talent and gameday coach you aren't going to win games or put a quality product on the field.

And to quote Herman Edwards, "You Play to Win the Game!" Not to see how may recruiting stars are next to the names of your recruits.

The reason why I think Schiano has recruited better is b/c their committs generally have much more and better offers and we have rarely beat them out for a recruit they really wantedthe last few years. Hopefully, the move to the ACC and results on the field change this.

The reason why I think Schiano has recruited better is b/c their committs generally have much more and better offers and we have rarely beat them out for a recruit they really wantedthe last few years.
So then we have to ask a weird thought experiment question. Who would win a game between Rutgers and Syracuse, with Marrone and staff coaching both teams (maybe clones on the RU side)? How would you even know at this point?