Marrone would be a very tough sell to a pro fan base | Syracusefan.com

Marrone would be a very tough sell to a pro fan base

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
Okay guys, we just hired doug Marrone of Syracuse. He has a .500 record as a head coach after 4 years. But his team did win two pinstribe bowls. Just what Buffalo or Cleveland fans want to hear. He is going to get a pro job this year.

Okay guys, we just hired doug Marrone of Syracuse. He has a .500 record as a head coach after 4 years. But his team did win two pinstribe bowls. Just what Buffalo or Cleveland fans want to hear. He is going to get a pro job this year.

You also have to remember he has a proven track record in the NFL working with the Saints OL and offensive coordinator. During his time with the Saints they were able to establish one of the highest octane offenses in the NFL. Was it all because of him? Obviously not, but he did have a hand in it. As a Chargers fan I would rather take a chance on a college coach than hire some NFL idiot who was just fired from another team.

Bills fans would be ok with it. Young offense guy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bills fans would be ok with it. Young offense guy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bills just spent 3 years with ing chan gailey and other NFL retreads... At this point they should welcome somebody who isn't crappping his pants and who has not been fired 100 times before

He is an easy sell. You tell your fan base look at the Saints offense and that's what we are aiming for. Fans will wet their pants with excitement over that

He is an easy sell. You tell your fan base look at the Saints offense and that's what we are aiming for. Fans will wet their pants with excitement over that

Living in DC, I can insure you that you can never overestimate the stupidity of al fan base. They can be sold just about anything because they want to believe. We have seen a procession of coaches come through DC, each was originally anointed as a savior including "The Second Coming" of Joe Gibbs.

In my opinion the fact that these highly NFL coaches/GM's endorsed means more to a GM than what the fan base thinks: Marrone has received endorsements from men such as Saints general manager Mickey Loomis, Saints coach Sean Payton and Bill Parcells."

Ray Horton: Multiple sources are reporting that Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton will interview with Bills, the Browns and the Cardinals for their respective head coaching positions.

It's not all about Marrone. He'll have competition in these interviews.

Ray Horton: Multiple sources are reporting that Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton will interview with Bills, the Browns and the Cardinals for their respective head coaching positions.

It's not all about Marrone. He'll have competition in these interviews.

Yeah that is to fill the "Rooney Rule" requirement most likely

Lovie Smith has also been linked to Buffalo and Cleveland. Not to mention guys that are currently still coaching in the playoffs.