Marrone | Syracusefan.com

Marrone

Cusefan78

Negative Nancy
What bothers me most about him leaving is the way he left. Nothing out of him or his agent he just decides to start looking for other work, interviews everywhere that would take him and accepts a job. It kind of even sounds like he didn't even say anything to his players who are suppose to be his family. We busted on Rutgers/schiano and uconn/edsal for doing the same. even grob who we ran out of town gave a full presser and I have to say I admired him for doing that. It's gutless to not address your players at the very least. He has always said that he wants to sculpt his players into men, well is leaving town without a peep what a man would do, no it isn't. Ill tell you one thing I want a coach that stands on his own beliefs not one who preaches and doesn't do. Good riddance I say bring on someone new and let's keep the ball rolling. I do hope gross comes out of hiding today and addresses the players, staff and fans that he is in charge and we start now in our quest to bring back Syracuse football.

It kind of even sounds like he didn't even say anything to his players who are suppose to be his family.

It didn't become official until this morning. What did you expect him to do?

"Hi guys, it's Coach. I've been given a great opportunity and am leaving, but I want to tell you all that -- errrr, wait, huh? Oh, the offer fell through. Shoot. Okay, nevermind, see you on campus. Go Orange!"

Actually that is exactly what I would want if I'm a player. I would want my leader to tell me he is gone. Come on the chance of that falling through is like2%. You man up and stand by your decision not run out of town and go do your noon presser. These players obviously knew nothing. Half of them woke up in shock.

I really can't wait til we move on from all this, but, maybe we're looking at this wrong. I do recall him saying in one of his speeches that if he felt he couldn't do the job, he'd step down himself. Maybe long term he knew that he couldn't do the job that needed to be done here. I have nothing bad to say about him, he could have handled things a little differently, but things happen.

sorry guys this is how it happens -- now lets see how he handles it at this point- he still needs to come back to town - my guess he meets with the team --

leaving for NFL is much much better than leaving for another college job-- u think this is bad -- see Tennessee and Uconn

Im not sure what can be said and what cant but the players know whats up. There was no denying even if the deal fell through. He would still have had to explain to the players what happened. Im not sure why it has to be a done deal, press conference with a pom pom waving ceremony to conclude before he can tell his players what the deal is, if he even does that, which im assuming/hoping he will. Hopefully we get more clarity after the noon press conference because this has been handled with less transparancy than the Bush and Obama administrations combined. Its like Marrone went to interview and...radio silence. Meanwhile we hear PSU will try to keep O'Brien, and they did, Oregon was prepared to promote Helfrich, didnt need to, Marrone may go to the NFL, silence..

What bothers me most about him leaving is the way he left. Nothing out of him or his agent he just decides to start looking for other work, interviews everywhere that would take him and accepts a job. It kind of even sounds like he didn't even say anything to his players who are suppose to be his family. We busted on Rutgers/schiano and uconn/edsal for doing the same. **** even grob who we ran out of town gave a full presser and I have to say I admired him for doing that. It's gutless to not address your players at the very least. He has always said that he wants to sculpt his players into men, well is leaving town without a peep what a man would do, no it isn't. Ill tell you one thing I want a coach that stands on his own beliefs not one who preaches and doesn't do. Good riddance I say bring on someone new and let's keep the ball rolling. I do hope gross comes out of hiding today and addresses the players, staff and fans that he is in charge and we start now in our quest to bring back Syracuse football.

What makes you think he doesn't have a final player meeting this afternoon or tomorrow?

Of course he's not going to say anything to anyone until the deal is inked... It's how business works. I think we all need to take a deep breath...

I agree, it would be wrong if he just skipped out without talking to players... but you are making assumptions here that you cannot confirm, so let's wait and see before skewering him...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom