Marrone's Decision To Interview Hurts Recruiting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone's Decision To Interview Hurts Recruiting

I still don't think he would actually get an offer for an NFL job. But if he does, he still has to accept the job. In addition, no one as any idea what's going on in the mind of recruits, or how Marrone will play the interview angle should he return going forward. he may simply say,

"the NFL called, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity that I couldn't ignore. When I went and looked at the opportunities, I realized I could never leave Syracuse, and am back for as long as I can be"

Some might not believe him, but others will. Hopefully DM is back, and if he is, there as plenty of ways that him interviewing for an NFL job can be used to our advantage going forward.

At this point all we can do is allow the situation to play out, because at this point, we don't know anybody's intentions. Is Doug really looking to move on? Is this a power play to improve facilities or salaries here at SU for DM and his staff? Is this just a curtesy thing because Marrone feels obligated after Sean Peyton and Bill Parcells recommended him to the Browns and Bills?

Wait and see until moe facts of the situation arise, and then we can pass judgement

We will see. I'm disappointed that this is coming out the week EO announces his decision and no one on the coaching staff can even reach out to EO to let him know whats go on in terms of Marrone's future at SU.
And no one on the Clemson staff can reach out to EO to use it against Syracuse.

And to think, I've been the one defending Marrone's character. Marrone just brings on some January enrollees, particularly Allen, and then says I'm going to give the NFL a try. This really flies in the face of everything I thought about Marrone.

That is so dopey. The guy is doing what he is supposed to do, his job, until it's not his anymore. He's not passing his resume around, teams are coming to him.

And no one on the Clemson staff can reach out to EO to use it against Syracuse.

Clemson has been on probation more times than the Kennedys, believe me they will find a way to contact EO.

I agree. Keon Lynn's twitter post hits the nail on the head. The players must feel like Marrone sold them a bill of goods after enduring Fort Drum, leadership development, life skills, etc. only to have him start interviewing for a NFL job two days after a bowl victory. Zach Allen and the JUCO's must be having second thoughts about their decision to play for Marrone too. It proves one thing that it is all about the $$$$$ even when you are making $1 million dollars a year coaching football in Syracuse.

Just stop it.

The guy is a football coach, not an aid worker.

People need to grow up.

Just stop it.

The guy is a football coach, not an aid worker.

People need to grow up.

Good point and proves to these kids that pick a staff instead of a school that they are setting themselves up for a possible disappointment. That said, if a coach tells me I'm never leaving and I'm here for life, I suppose I'd be stung by that as well if I find out he's looking around. I realize things change but if somebody gives me their word and then backs out on it, well I won't be too happy much like Lynn feels.

This thread is silly. In a stupid kind of way.

I agree. Keon Lynn's twitter post hits the nail on the head. The players must feel like Marrone sold them a bill of goods after enduring Fort Drum, leadership development, life skills, etc. only to have him start interviewing for a NFL job two days after a bowl victory. Zach Allen and the JUCO's must be having second thoughts about their decision to play for Marrone too. It proves one thing that it is all about the $$$$$ even when you are making $1 million dollars a year coaching football in Syracuse.

You guys have been living in the world of Jim Boeheim for too long. If you're a good coach, of a certain age and coach a game a certain way with the right amount of seasoning on the resume, this stuff is going to happen. Like you would want to happen in your life and career.

This isn't Frank Beamer, who built a system completely exploiting the inequities of the college football game.

You guys have been living in the world of Jim Boeheim for too long. If you're a good coach, of a certain age and coach a game a certain way with the right amount of seasoning on the resume, this stuff is going to happen. Like you would want to happen in your life and career.

This isn't Frank Beamer, who built a system completely exploiting the inequities of the college football game.

I agree with that as long as Marrone was upfront with the kids. I don't begrudge Marrone at all in any way for looking around or talking to NFL teams, it is the progression of the job, especially when you're good at what you do.

Unless he actually accepts the job it won't hurt recruiting long term. If he is able to leverage this for a long term contract extension and maybe even more that will benefit the program it in fact could do the opposite . Just need to wait a week and see what plays out .

But going back the the players twitter feeds it is hard to see Lynn's comments and now Jerome smiths. But even if DM leaves who can blame him ? This is the nfl we are talking about I would be worried about him if he wasn't considering it, or at least using it as leverage . You just don't hand over loyalty the university needs to earn it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom