Marrone's E-Mail to the players | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone's E-Mail to the players

I hope he doesn't hesitate to come around. Now that he is an NFL coach is there anything prohibiting him from being around the team?

18 hour work days might be a conflict

Am I the only one that is not moved by this at all? Sincere or not it all just seems a very empty "have to do it" move at this point given the lack of activity until now. But what do I know?

Answer to first question: yes
Answer to second question: nothing obviously

Just another reason for a dislike button...sigh...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Am I the only one that is not moved by this at all? Sincere or not it all just seems a very empty "have to do it" move at this point given the lack of activity until now. But what do I know?

I don't think he has to do it. I think he wanted to. As a coach you spend time getting to know these kids and their families. He could have left it as some presser accepting the bills job and talking to the remaining staff but he took the time to email them and That is all you can ask. These kids will know if he is FOS because they know him better than any of us.

That's the coach I was so high on. Might be BS, but it strikes me as sincere. When JB said he'd do right by the University and his players, this was a part of it. I think suggesting Shafer and not adding Hackett to his staff is another part of it.

No way is any of that BS. In fact, DM may now be in a position where he can help SU Football more than he could ever imagine. With $$$ and NFL ties he could do wonders. Of course he has to get the Bills to win first.

Great letter. If I was a player, I would want a coach like DM.

F all you DM haters who call yourselves SU "fans".

EDIT: Hold the presses on my F statement. Just heard about Hackett. FUDGE!!!!!

F all you DM haters who call yourselves SU "fans".

EDIT: Hold the presses on my F statement. Just heard about Hackett. FUDGE!!!!!
While we're in the midst of Fing things let is not forget to too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

While we're in the midst of Fing things let is not forget to too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ahhh...nothing like some real perspective on whats important...effin uconn...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

He did a nice job with it. Glad he took the time to reach out to the players as the presser was starting and glad he is going to meet with them in person before leaving for good.

I am going to miss Doug Marrone. Wish him the best with the Bills. The fried bologna sandwiches are gonna rock his world.

Class act, Tom. I always enjoy reading your posts. Even when criticizing, you are constructive. When the situation calls for cooler heads, you post like this, keeping our collective Orange loving feet on the ground.

Syracuse University has always been perceived as a classy, respectable university. SU did not sue when they could have to make a point or to force the BE to release us early. SU takes the high road. We, as fans, should do the same. God forbid that we behave like the ill-mannered fans at WVU (not all, just the morons, but they seem to be a significant portion), the obnoxious UConn fans or the naive fans at Rutgers.

Thanks, Tom. Thank to others who keep level heads and even keels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom