Marrones mood and pressers | Syracusefan.com

Marrones mood and pressers

realcusefan888

Walk On
While I love marrone's discipline and organization; he is really bogging me down with his moods and negative and defeated tone in his pressers. all week he praised and sucked rutgers ballz and their athletes and how our injuries worried him. just dont see this from other leaders of young men! and guess what doug...your young beat up defense showed up and dominated. the problem is your offense and your decisions did not follow!!! people, this guy is psyching himself out. just prepare and be positive and worry about game situations, scoring as many points as you can, and flying around on defense. wouldnt hear all this "whoooooaaaa me" talk from shafer. he went out there...his guys flew around and kicked arse and marrones specials and offense followed his negative lead!!!!

people, scheme and preparedness overcomes 4-5 star athletes with poor coaching and no qb's to get them the ball...this loss is still unacceptable even on tuesday night...

Rutgers defense and special teams had something to do with those poor performances.

While I love marrone's discipline and organization; he is really bogging me down with his moods and negative and defeated tone in his pressers. all week he praised and sucked rutgers ballz and their athletes and how our injuries worried him. just dont see this from other leaders of young men! and guess what doug...your young beat up defense showed up and dominated. the problem is your offense and your decisions did not follow!!! people, this guy is psyching himself out. just prepare and be positive and worry about game situations, scoring as many points as you can, and flying around on defense. wouldnt hear all this "whoooooaaaa me" talk from shafer. he went out there...his guys flew around and kicked arse and marrones specials and offense followed his negative lead!!!!

people, scheme and preparedness overcomes 4-5 star athletes with poor coaching and no qb's to get them the ball...this loss is still unacceptable even on tuesday night...

If you want to see the real Doug Marrone ignore his demeanor with the press and attend one of the luncheons at P.J.'s on Monday's following the game.

I had two friends attend this week's luncheon and they could not believe how engaging Coach Marrone was with the fans. The last luncheon they attended during the Coach P era where he would show up with a player, talkd for about 15 minutes, and leave.

Coach Marrone greets everyone upon arrival and this week he spent over one hour Monday explaining the decisions he made in the Rutgers game and answering every question (no matter what the topic). We agree not to post anything that he says at the luncheon but I will tell you one thing he took the Rutgers loss harder than any of us on this board. The luncheon gives you a real insight into how things work inside the football program.

I promise you that after attending one luncheon you will see the "real" Doug Marrone (not the one you see at the press confferences) and you will find out know much this guy cares about this football program, the players, and the fans.

If you want to see the real Doug Marrone ignore his demeanor with the press and attend one of the luncheons at P.J.'s on Monday's following the game.

I had two friends attend this week's luncheon and they could not believe how engaging Coach Marrone was with the fans. The last luncheon they attended during the Coach P era where he would show up with a player, talkd for about 15 minutes, and leave.

Coach Marrone greets everyone upon arrival and this week he spent over one hour Monday explaining the decisions he made in the Rutgers game and answering every question (no matter what the topic). We agree not to post anything that he says at the luncheon but I will tell you one thing he took the Rutgers loss harder than any of us on this board. The luncheon gives you a real insight into how things work inside the football program.

I promise you that after attending one luncheon you will see the "real" Doug Marrone (not the one you see at the press confferences) and you will find out know much this guy cares about this football program, the players, and the fans.

I was there, Your comments are right on.

I can't agree with you more. Coach Marrone is beyond appreciative of the fan base. I got a picture with him one time and he was more than welcoming and he repeatedly thanked me for supporting the team and how much it meant to the team/himself.

When he does have a bad day, I can't blame him. The job is stressful like any other job out there and we can't exactly expect him to be an angel to reporters every time he talks to them.

Every football coach I ever had was mean, nasty and moody. I cannot believe his demeanor in a press conference has any impact whatsoever on how the players go out and play. What he says and does during practices and team meetings however is a different story, and I am sure nobody who posts here attends those.

It surprises me how sensitive some posters on this board are, they sound like my wife who can interpret "how was your day" as an insult. "It's not what you said. it's how you said it..."

Oh, boo hoo, Coach Marrone was in a bad mood during his press conference and now then whole season is ruined.

(I hope my wife doesn't read this board)

Have to agree here... People should try and see him in a forum like this, he is great, very engaging, down to earth, etc. Doug is great for the program, we just need to fix the offense and he knows it obviously, I just think he needs to tear it down and rebuild it

Give it rest.