Marv Albert says Carmelo will win NBA title... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marv Albert says Carmelo will win NBA title...

Ok every year might have been over stating it but they would not have been a top 2 seed

I think in 2009 and 2010 they definitely would've been. Prior to that they would not have

That's the point its a team game!

At some point, when you are one of the top 15 players in the league..you take responsibility. The team becomes yours. When the Bulls lose, Chicago asks what else D Rose could have done. They don't talk about improving the backup 2 guard spot.

At some point, when you are one of the top 15 players in the league..you take responsibility. The team becomes yours. When the Bulls lose, Chicago asks what else D Rose could have done. They don't talk about improving the backup 2 guard spot.

Agreed! but that doesn't change the facts, my staff f'ed up but as the manage I get blamed... I get it but I still need a better staff...

Guys come off the bench and hit the big shot. Sure It happens once in awhile. But, they don't come off and hit the last 5 big shots and the game winner like Melo does. Team leaders and all stars like Melo do that.

How will coming off the bench make his offense any better? If your building around Melo you put defense around him not sit him. But whos to say the knicks need to build around Melo? Maybe they just need to build a successfull team formula.

I do agree Melo is a game changer but hes that starting or not, and the starting minutes are the least important part of the game. Teams with Melo have lacked the leadership elsewhere in the playoffs. Denver and NY under Melo always have lacked a second leader and they are asking Melo to stand down as the solution. Really? Yet, Melo still made a western conference finals.

Lakers Spurs

In 2010 the Cavs went 23-7 vs the West, good for a 76.6 win%. No one in the West had better than a 70 win %.

In 2009 the Cavs went 26-4 vs the West.

Agreed! but that doesn't change the facts, my staff f'ed up but as the manage I get blamed... I get it but I still need a better staff...

So what exactly is your argument? It's never Melo's fault when the team loses? The guy has been in the league for nearly a decade and has won 2 playoff series and it's not like his supporting cast has been terrible. It's not like he's been on the KG T-Wolves or something. He's played with some good players.

In 2010 the Cavs went 23-7 vs the West, good for a 76.6 win%. No one in the West had better than a 70 win %.

In 2009 the Cavs went 26-4 vs the West.

So what exactly is your argument? It's never Melo's fault when the team loses? The guy has been in the league for nearly a decade and has won 2 playoff series and it's not like his supporting cast has been terrible. It's not like he's been on the KG T-Wolves or something. He's played with some good players.

Regarding the Cavs I don't believe they would have maintained that winning percentage if they played in the west but we will never know. As for Melo heavy is the head who wears the crown I have no issue with people being critical of him or his game, but he does not have the talent around him to win a title. Dwade, Cris Bosh are better players than anyone Melo have every played with. His teams have not been favor to win it all and it not like Melo just didn't show up when they should have won.

Regarding the Cavs I don't believe they would have maintained that winning percentage if they played in the west but we will never know. As for Melo heavy is the head who wears the crown I have no issue with people being critical of him or his game, but he does not have the talent around him to win a title. Dwade, Cris Bosh are better players than anyone Melo have every played with. His teams have not been favor to win it all and it not like Melo just didn't show up when they should have won.

Well I also think Melo likely isn't a good enough player to be the best player on a title winning team, but I don't disagree that he hasn't had the supporting cast to win a title. I'm not getting on him for that. I'm getting on him for winning 2 playoff series since he's made the league. He has definitely had enough talent to have more success in the playoffs than he has.

The Heat didn't have the supporting cast to win a title last year... but they did. Bosh missed half the playoffs, Wade was on one good leg. Sometimes ONE player makes the difference.

The Heat didn't have the supporting cast to win a title last year... but they did. Bosh missed half the playoffs, Wade was on one good leg. Sometimes ONE player makes the difference.

Yeah Mike Miller was great!

The past being the past, I think Melo has his single best individual season this year. I think his scoring will go down, but assists, rebounds and shooting percentage will be up and the Knicks will win a ton of regular season games.

The past being the past, I think Melo has his single best individual season this year. I think his scoring will go down, but assists, rebounds and shooting percentage will be up and the Knicks will win a ton of regular season games.

Maybe so, but the bottom line is the Knicks do not have a team that will go far in the playoffs. They are at best third in their division. Melo at his very best, cannot carry this team.