Maryland and the $50 million exit fee | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland and the $50 million exit fee

Looks like it will be a good fight at the Monday Maryland meeting. Prez and AD working behind the scenes with Plank and Delany, keeping the others in the dark.

If Maryland says no, what happens to Rutgers? Interesting that sources bring up the contiguous states thing. Always thought they would find a way around that without much worry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
This isn't a way around the contiguous states rule since both MD and NJ border PA.

I agree with a lot of what you wrote but competing and big bucks overall for the whole school are huge imo. People said A&M couldn't compete in the SEC as well and yes I understand why the Big 10 is invading the area but overall I truly believe that this would be best overall for Maryland as well. Maryland is a stripper paying her way through college.

We'll see.

I predict a lot of 2-10 and 3-9 seasons with empty seats. But at least they will have more money.

And they aren't exactly packing the stadium these days.

We'll see.

I predict a lot of 2-10 and 3-9 seasons with empty seats. But at least they will have more money.

And they aren't exactly packing the stadium these days.

They aren't an Indiana or the like and they will be very attractive to recruits in a very fertile recruiting area.

if you lose millions in ticket revenue across all sports and add millions in travel costs does that add up to the millions you make it B10 money?

They aren't an Indiana or the like and they will be very attractive to recruits in a very fertile recruiting area.

Under Armour will help them like Oregon gets help. They'll improve and I see a pretty rosy forecast for Maryland.

Also, no way UMD pays $50M I bet it'll be around $30M.

Under Armour will help them like Oregon gets help. They'll improve and I see a pretty rosy forecast for Maryland.

Also, no way UMD pays $50M I bet it'll be around $30M.

I'm hoping that SU is still one of the 1 percenters when all this expansion thing settles down and we have our new college order.

They've always been in the same recruiting area without a lot of real success.

Virginia Tech hurt them badly in the Norfolk area.

I doubt that playing in the Big Ten will help them in Prince George's County.

They are whoring themselves out to solve a cash flow problem they have. They can't compete int he Big Ten any better than they could in the ACC ... and that wasn't all that great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom