Maryland Fans | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Fans

Loved this take on preparing for our zone:

"Maybe someone can explain it, but why do they need to prepare against a 3/2, 2/3 zone? Are these just generic zones or what? Seems like they should know how to play against a zone without having to prepare beforehand."

At least from that board, that looks like a much less sophisticated crowd than I would have expected for a program of their stature.

Syracuse Game

Nothing real Boneyard caliber in here...except for the one guy who's not worried about our zone because we were bad defensively last year.

Hot take cameo from yours truly as well.

Thanks for the link. Maryland right now is a 7 seed in Lunardi's bracketology. This will be a very meaningful game for SU after 5 games against teams from minor conferences, although 3 of them will be in the tournament according to Lunardi. SU has not been great so far in Big 10-ACC games. Hopefully Battle will be back, the team will shoot better than 22.2% on 3s, and Sidibe and Chukwu will not have to shoot FTs.

Hey Maryland,

Change your name to Yeller and go hang out back.

Orange 77
Twerps 69

I know Maryland's got a violent fan base, but could they also be that dumb? I mean, we've played them fairly regularly in the last ten or so years. And if you know anything about basketball you wouldn't ask those questions about zone.

I think they dont realize our 2 - 3 is so potent because of our physically imposing and aggressive guard play along with the tree we have at the 5

Turgeoning is a very real thing

Also one thing I NEED to know is why we continue to lose guys who frankly have absolutely no business leaving early. Maryland isn’t the only program but everyone who has the chance leaves early even though it makes ZERO sense. Melo leaving was so stupid but it was pre-determined because...? Same with Carter. And Stone. And Jackson coming up.

Hello, friend!

b4e.jpg

I know Maryland's got a violent fan base, but could they also be that dumb? I mean, we've played them fairly regularly in the last ten or so years. And if you know anything about basketball you wouldn't ask those questions about zone.

The only time I remember playing Maryland are 2004 R32 and our first year in the ACC.

Last edited:
The only time I remember playing Maryland are 2004 R32 and our first year in the ACC.
We played at Maryland my Jr year (1977). We also played them in the Carrier Classic, I think in 1982. Both Maryland vistories

I looked it up - we played them 5 times in the 70’s and in 1980 - all SU losses.

Didn’t play them again until 2004. Hard to believe we never met up again in the 80’s or in the 90s at all.

Maryland has only come to the Dome in 1980 and in the 2008 NIT.

We beat them and blew the 20 point lead to UMass...to lose to them TWICE in the Dome that season.

That team couldn’t guard anybody. Rhode Island beat us in the Dome too while scoring 80-90 points.

So much offensive talent and so little grit and basketball sense on that squad.

That team couldn’t guard anybody. Rhode Island beat us in the Dome too while scoring 80-90 points.

So much offensive talent and so little grit and basketball sense on that squad.

And the 2009 team was almost as bad on defense, but they could outscore most teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom