maryland game | Syracusefan.com

maryland game

moqui

generational talent
couldn't ask for a better set up schedule-wise. syracuse gets a week off & plays at home.

maryland, on the other hand, plays in the emerald coast classic this weekend. they get cbssports' "best team in new york state" st. bonaventure on friday then have to play a second game on saturday. that second game is either new mexico or jamie dixon's tcu, who is currently #21 in the pomeroy rankings. hopefully the bonnies & frogs put the boots to the turtles and soften them up. those games are in florida, after which umd has to fly to syracuse for a monday game. and whatever happens, they could be looking ahead. the big ten has scheduled maryland's first two conference games for dec. 1 and 3, first at home vs purdue (currently kenpom#20) and then on the road to illinois.

syracuse is sitting in the sandwich position of this stretch.

couldn't ask for a better set up schedule-wise. syracuse gets a week off & plays at home.

maryland, on the other hand, plays in the emerald coast classic this weekend. they get cbssports' "best team in new york state" st. bonaventure on friday then have to play a second game on saturday. that second game is either new mexico or jamie dixon's tcu, who is currently #21 in the pomeroy rankings. hopefully the bonnies & frogs put the boots to the turtles and soften them up. those games are in florida, after which umd has to fly to syracuse for a monday game. and whatever happens, they could be looking ahead. the big ten has scheduled maryland's first two conference games for dec. 1 and 3, first at home vs purdue (currently kenpom#20) and then on the road to illinois.

syracuse is sitting in the sandwich position of this stretch.

Thanks for finding something good to post about for those of us who are not overly excited about all of this time off.

interesting, didn't realize they had those games this wknd - perhaps more than anything they can't spend practice time prepping for the 2-3

Good catch, would be great to catch them flat footed.

Hey, this is our best challenge of the year thus far. Maryland will be ready for sure and may be more battle tested than we are, regardless of the travel situation. I hope our kids are not taking the same approach as what might be mentioned here. Not trying to dis anyone here, just giving an opinion.

According to their board Turgeon has zero clue how to attack a zone.
That should end well.

Hoping brisset and moyer/merek can close out on threes and really give the terps some trouble. I know tyus/frank will be a handful and we should be solid downlow if chukwu stays out of foul trouble

Hey, this is our best challenge of the year thus far. Maryland will be ready for sure and may be more battle tested than we are, regardless of the travel situation. I hope our kids are not taking the same approach as what might be mentioned here. Not trying to dis anyone here, just giving an opinion.
don't understand what this "approach" you think is being mentioned. nobody is taking it lightly or saying its a gimme. point is that su has a week to prepare for its biggest game to date, but maryland has to face us on a quick turnaround and with two more important conference games looming.

I'll be disappointed if we beat Maryland by less than 10 (assuming everybody is healthy). SU is notoriously hard to prepare for on short notice, and Maryland doesn't seem to be a particularly good shooting or good defensive team (I don't know who is going to match up with Battle). If they are going to beat us it will be on the boards, so as fans we should learn something about how SU does rebounding wise against a big-ish P5 team.

Hopefully we get 20,000+, and the people are actually there at tip-off and into the game.
this could be the 17-18 squad's coming out party
hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed_1f91e.png

Last edited:
Where's he guy named after the road? I'm trying to find an early line on the game like I do in the NFL but havent had any luck yet. Any help anyone? Anyone else feeling my pain?

Where's he guy named after the road? I'm trying to find an early line on the game like I do in the NFL but havent had any luck yet. Any help anyone? Anyone else feeling my pain?
they don't usually release college bball lines this far in advanced..the website i use doesn't even have spreads until the day of

they don't usually release college bball lines this far in advanced..the website i use doesn't even have spreads until the day of

Yeah youre right, I know that's generally the case. College sports are a lot closer to the game than something like NFL, but I was hoping against hope that some book was way early, because I was just curious to get an idea how unbiased people compared us to Maryland. Any guess what the line will be like?

Talentwise I definitely agree. But this is still a pretty young team for the most part, so it will be interesting from game to game.

Hear what you’re saying, but between those two schools and St. John’s we are due.

Agree. I'll barf if we lose to UConn and the Hoyas again - particularly with Ewing as coach now.

I hear ya with the hoya. But with UConn, it doesnt bother me to see some of these guys on here, who have painstakingly trolled the poor folks at the boneyard, get what they got coming. I don't do that to other fans, so I dont feel bad at all for them. :) There's really no need to be so mean spirited all the time, in my opinion. A WWBBBD bracelet may be of good use. :)

Yeah youre right, I know that's generally the case. College sports are a lot closer to the game than something like NFL, but I was hoping against hope that some book was way early, because I was just curious to get an idea how unbiased people compared us to Maryland. Any guess what the line will be like?

Yeh. Thinking about it it makes sense. Maryland still has two games to play so how can u craft a spread. Could have injuries suspensions etc. Tbh this is a tough one to call. I'd say Cuse would be +3 maybe less. I could see it as a pick em.

Yeh. Thinking about it it makes sense. Maryland still has two games to play so how can u craft a spread. Could have injuries suspensions etc. Tbh this is a tough one to call. I'd say Cuse would be +3 maybe less. I could see it as a pick em.

Thanks for the projection. Dang, they have 2 more games while we're sitting on our hands? Must be nice to be them!