Maryland to Big Ten: Raleigh NC coverage | Syracusefan.com

Maryland to Big Ten: Raleigh NC coverage

I'm so glad we can enjoy our newfound conference stability!

Seriously though, we aren't even in the conference yet and it's being changed. This whole realignment $#!& sucks.

Interesting... Tom McMillen voted "no." That's a basketball guy's feelings about it.

So apparently it was not unanimous as some outlets are reporting...wonder how close it actually was...

'McMillen told the Washington Post that nothing was presented at the regents meeting Monday about the $50 million fee.'

How did they just skip this part?
'

Cause they think that they will not have to pay all $50M.

It will be fun the first time Indiana pounds the girls on the gridiron.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just off the cough, here's Md's basic calculation (not counting 3T rights, ect):

288 M split 14 ways ($20.5M per team) for B1G teams.
ACC 17M per team.
20.5-17=3.5M
50M exit fee from ACC.
50 / 3.5 = 14.2 years to break even.

By then, the situation could change. But even if it doesn't, if I'm an ACC AD (at, say, Clemson or Miami), those numbers arn't looking like any financial goldmine (14+ years in the red).

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...am-falls-further-behind-big-ten-in-money-race

I'm so glad we can enjoy our newfound conference stability!

Seriously though, we aren't even in the conference yet and it's being changed. This whole realignment $#!& sucks.

If the B1G called today could SU pull a TCU and leave the ACC before ever joining w/o paying the 50 million?

If the B1G called today could SU pull a TCU and leave the ACC before ever joining w/o paying the 50 million?
Interesting question. Based upon current reporting, it seems neither SU nor Pitt had a vote in the decision to increase the exit fee to $50M+.

you dont get voting rights until your actually in the conference but you can attend all the meeting and make your opinions heard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom