Maryland's new uniforms | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland's new uniforms

The programs that have endured at the highest level, for the most are programs that don't mess with the unis over and over again.

Maryland's unis are UGLY! Personally, I like Syracuse to wear all Orange. Heck, we are called the "Orange" ...just like the unis in Orange Rust Belt's avatar and on the cover of the SI mag in 59 (Sarette and Bemiller) on SWC75's signature.

i get what under armour and maryland are trying to do by getting people to talk about the uniforms. but they are hideous. look like a mistake.

Maryland's unis are UGLY! Personally, I like Syracuse to wear all Orange. Heck, we are called the "Orange" ...just like the unis in Orange Rust Belt's avatar and on the cover of the SI mag in 59 (Sarette and Bemiller) on SWC75's signature.

God no.

Haha. I was wondering how long it would be for someone to post this thread. I was thinking "Maryland looks good so far...unless you use your eyes." I like the red and white side, just not the caution/race car, black and yellow side. Just aweful design.

Me too. I love the red and white side. The black and yellow is fairly hideous by itself, and utterly jarring to my senses when combined with the red and white. But hey! We're all talking about it, so they must be greater than Penn State's uniforms...

...not.

I wish our uniforms our logo and our branding had passed the test of time, not failed umpteen times over.

I wouldn't care if we wore the long sleeved orange uniforms in that SI photo in somebody's avatar. It takes guts to stick with something.

And oh yeah, I'm a fuddy duddy about some things, and I love it.

That said, bonus points for incorporating their state flag, finding a way to be unique, and letting the kids pick the combo.

Don't really care about them but I bet they sell...for some odd reason

They look like crash test dummies during the Spanish Inquisition.

Agreed.

MD Uniforms.jpg

They look like crash test dummies during the Spanish Inquisition.

That says it best: they looked like crash test dummies.

They are what young kids want today. What player would not want new unis before kickoff? Gets the blood pumping.

Interesting question. Continuity is so much a part of team sports. You become a memember of a team or play for a school that's been around for decades, it's not a pick-up team from the playground. You are becoming part of somehting that others have built up and are representing a communi8ty. You are part of a tradtion. But maybe the kids like them and you can recruit better if you are willing to improvise- or let them do it. Which is more important?

If SU came out in uniforms like that, how would each of you as an SU fan, respond. I'd puke and prefer to do it on Daryl Gross' pants. I might actually find it ahrder to root for a team that wore uniforms that ugly. But maybe I don't matter.

God no.

That's actually Chuck Zimmerman in 1958. The '59 team was in white for every game and SU stayed that way until '67, with rare execptions.

I swear some of you fellas wish every team looked like the Browns week in week out. This is just the path that major college sports programs are taking, like it or not. Ever heard the expression "no PR is bad PR?" The fact that were talking about it for better or worse means that Maryland did something to give the program some exposure.

They could play in the nude. That would attract attention, too. It doesn't make it a good idea. Do you have to wear hideous uniforms to attract attention.

I like the red and white side of the helmet..the combination is charles barkley terrible.

Still, they will sell.

There are something like 42 different combinations for Maryland's new uniforms. That means they could wear a different uniform for close to 4 years before running into a duplicate scheme. :bat:

crazy how much press it is getting though. holy ESPN can't stop talking about it.

No way the majority of players and recruits like these. No way. I agree that the entire college football world is talking about them, but I can't imagine that's 100% good.

No way the majority of players and recruits like these. No way. I agree that the entire college football world is talking about them, but I can't imagine that's 100% good.

You sir are grossly underestimating how much kids like:

1. Underarmour

2. Things that look hideous.

Kids will absolutely love them. And Marylanders get an erection for anything that portrays their State flag.

I vote cuse wears orange jerseys with white pants. I hate the orange and orange.

Been there. Done that. Awful.

Good god they are awful. I thought it was a joke.