Maui | Syracusefan.com

Maui

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
So my genius brother has got me boxed into going to Maui for 7 days in July. A reasonable person would not, in my opinion, go to Maui for 7 days even in normal times but with the situation on the island I can’t imagine what we will do for that long. It appears there is no way out of this trip though, so I’m looking for any tips. I have been to Hawaii several times but never to Maui so I don’t know anything about it. I believe we are staying just a few miles outside of Lahaina. For anyone who has experience on the island, any ideas (knowing that Lahaina itself is leveled and cordoned off as far as I know)?

ps I am going in with the assumption that we (my wife daughter and I) will be volunteering in the Lahaina area on at minimum one of our days there, so that is one day at least taken care of).

It’s been 19 years but the road to Hana was pretty awesome. Lots of waterfalls and incredible views. Hopefully it’s not overloaded with tourists.

It’s been 19 years but the road to Hana was pretty awesome. Lots of waterfalls and incredible views. Hopefully it’s not overloaded with tourists.

Thanks. I’ve always heard of it but don’t know any details. Is it a drive, hike, bike? One day? Multi day? An hour?

Thanks. I’ve always heard of it but don’t know any details. Is it a drive, hike, bike? One day? Multi day? An hour?

It’s a drive. We did it in a day, but it was a little rushed, according to my wife. She has a friend who stretched it into two days.

So my genius brother has got me boxed into going to Maui for 7 days in July. A reasonable person would not, in my opinion, go to Maui for 7 days even in normal times but with the situation on the island I can’t imagine what we will do for that long. It appears there is no way out of this trip though, so I’m looking for any tips. I have been to Hawaii several times but never to Maui so I don’t know anything about it. I believe we are staying just a few miles outside of Lahaina. For anyone who has experience on the island, any ideas (knowing that Lahaina itself is leveled and cordoned off as far as I know)?

ps I am going in with the assumption that we (my wife daughter and I) will be volunteering in the Lahaina area on at minimum one of our days there, so that is one day at least taken care of).
My Daughter lived in Lahaina and is a Nanny there, and loves it, moved to the other end of the Island after the fire, she is always busy hiking, camping on a Volcano Craters, going to the beach, climbing mountains, seeing all kinds of different Natural things, and exploring there when she isn't working .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom