Maybe people should stop the Triche bashing | Syracusefan.com

Maybe people should stop the Triche bashing

capeorange

All Conference
His problems may be physical and he might be the toughest player on the court and is playing through a lot of pain. If you have ever had back pain you know that it alters and limits the way you can move. Possibly his back spasms he is playing are the cause altered passes and shots.

"But a muscle spasm in his back woke Triche the night before the Pittsburgh game. He initially shrugged it off, but when he attempted a lay-up during that contest, he felt a familiar twinge.
He’s taken ibuprofen and sought treatments to help loosen his back since. But fear of further aggravation caused him to back off the nightly shooting sessions with his brothers."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/03/syracuse_guard_brandon_triche_2.html

IMO, Triche's shot has been off all year. I remember watching the first couple of games and wondering what the hell happened to his stroke. He was leaning into his shot more than I had seen before and his balance seemed off. I was hoping it would improve through the year but it has not. You can even see it in his free throw shots. As someone that has chronic back problems I can totally agree with the fact that it would throw off just about all parts if his game, but his game was off way before the Pitt game.

If he can't contribute his Mnutes need to go to Cooney. I respect his drive IF it is his back but sometimes the best thing you can do is step aside

No excuse. If he Is hurt, get him out. He Is destroying this team. If Jim doesn't trust cooney, then put James up top. No one wants Brandon to succeed more than me, but to watch a senior single handedly throw a game away is sad.

We really shouldn't bash Triche regardless of why he's playing poorly. It's on coaching.
I'm pissed he gets as many minutes as he does when he is playing as bad as he is. He was horrible in the second half and should have been on the bench for most of it.

Sorry but JB set him up on this one. Cooney may not have helped a ton but he wouldn't have hurt us as bad.

Not saying he shouldn't get the hook, just saying that he may be doing the best that he can and that pain may be causing his poor shots and passes.

I agree with Vitamin G that "Cooney may not have helped a ton but he wouldn't have hurt us as bad."

We really shouldn't bash Triche regardless of why he's playing poorly. It's on coaching.
I'm pissed he gets as many minutes as he does when he is playing as bad as he is. He was horrible in the second half and should have been on the bench for most of it.

Sorry but JB set him up on this one. Cooney may not have helped a ton but he wouldn't have hurt us as bad.

Sorry...Cooney can't even seem to squeeze one off when he is in there.

44cuse

Tough row to hoe at this point.

If Triche's back is that bad, Cooney is not the answer at this point, but we certainly aren't going to win games with Triche playing like he played yesterday.

Plus, JB is as loyal as they come when it comes to 4 year players and starter like Triche.

If Triche wants to play through the pain, I expect JB let's him (if Terrence Robert's knee problem is any indicator...)

That being said, my expectations for this team in the post season are now much more grounded.

Getting out of the first weekend of the big dance will likely be more difficult than originally hoped, if Triche continues to play through pain and is way off his game.

Certainly bummed for him and our prospects, but am also a realist.

Is he really hurt now? Maybe the back is still hurting him, or that was just a spasm a few weeks back. Either way, he's thinking WAY too much about getting off the perfect shot and trying to make sure his mechanics are set. He needs to just shoot instead of worrying about making sure everything is perfect.

Is he really hurt now? Maybe the back is still hurting him, or that was just a spasm a few weeks back. Either way, he's thinking WAY too much about getting off the perfect shot and trying to make sure his mechanics are set. He needs to just shoot instead of worrying about making sure everything is perfect.

I'm less worried about his shots than turnovers. We had 16 turnovers yesterday and he had 7 of them (including some REALLY bad ones in the final 2 mins...)

Neither team played great offensively, but the turnovers killed us.

I blame JB for not having more options at guard! Cooney is not ready and he is the ONLY guard on the bench! Recruiting has been going too well to only have 3 guards! There no excuse for not bring in a guard in our last class! None!

I'm open to the notion that back pain might be the cause of his problems. But there are problems and you've got to describe what you see.

I've never understood bashing of our own players. Do fans think Brandon isn't aware that he is struggling? The fact that he is in struggling right now is obvious to anyone who watched the game. Why the anger directed at Triche? Is there any question he is giving 100% while he is on the court? I just don't get some poster's attitudes.

I've never understood bashing of our own players. Do fans think Brandon isn't aware that he is struggling? The fact that he is in struggling right now is obvious to anyone who watched the game. Why the anger directed at Triche? Is there any question he is giving 100% while he is on the court? I just don't get some poster's attitudes.

Simple answer, spoiled fans. Been close to titles so many years but can't get over the hump because 'Cuse is probably at it's ceiling right now. Hard to get Kentucky type recruits to live in the snow and ice that is CNY. Boeheim has done an admiral job of keep us at a high level and in that time has developed a wide fan base and has been able to get some good recruits as a result. Some of those fans will always want us to take the next step. Nothing wrong with that, but it may not be a reasonable goal to win NCs 3-4 times a decade like they demand.

Is he hurt or is he injured?

Kudos to him if he's trying to play through pain, but you need to be able to help win games.

If he is hurt to the point where it's impacting every aspect of his game, and causing him to hurt the team, then he needs to be taken out of the game. There's a thin line between being a tough player trying to help the team and a stubborn one hurting it (and I realize this is on JB as much as Triche, but JB also listens to Triche if he is saying he's good to go, despite him possibly knowing that he might not be).

If he is hurt to the point where it's impacting every aspect of his game, and causing him to hurt the team, then he needs to be taken out of the game. There's a thin line between being a tough player trying to help the team and a stubborn one hurting it (and I realize this is on JB as much as Triche, but JB also listens to Triche if he is saying he's good to go, despite him possibly knowing that he might not be).
Again, though, the sad reality remains... a hurt, ineffective Triche is more effective than Cooney (the only other option) at this point. :noidea:

First of all, nothing has been said about him being hurt/injured for this last game. It is simply conjecture and guessing. Secondly, even if he had a bad back, it doesn't justify throwing the ball to the other team on inbounds plays. You should be able to do that with one arm, a bad back, and an eye patch.

I have no issue with him missing shots and I hope he continues to shoot and regains his touch. Being lazy on defense, the turnovers, and decision-making is a major red flag. I believe he can pull it together again. Despite some claims that he has been horrible for a long time now, he has had a few very solid games in the mix. There is still time for him to put it together. I think if he can give us 12-13 ppg, plays solid defense, and knock down a 3 pointer or two each game, it will do wonders for us. He doesn't have to lead us as many here seem to claim. He has proven to be great cog in a team with a supporting role who does a little bit of everything.

Not saying he shouldn't get the hook, just saying that he may be doing the best that he can and that pain may be causing his poor shots and passes.

I agree with Vitamin G that "Cooney may not have helped a ton but he wouldn't have hurt us as bad."

For both you and Vitamin G: To quote The Dude, Well, that's like your opinion, Man".

I'm open to the notion that back pain might be the cause of his problems. But there are problems and you've got to describe what you see.

SWC ... have you ever had any back pain? I'd say that its highly unlikely that Triche has back pain even from a pulled muscle or something minor.

I had a minor bout years ago. And I have worked with people with back problems. It is the mother of all pain ... except for maybe dental pain.

I would never accept that anyone with any level of back pain would be able to do what Triche does.

First of all, nothing has been said about him being hurt/injured for this last game. It is simply conjecture and guessing. Secondly, even if he had a bad back, it doesn't justify throwing the ball to the other team on inbounds plays. You should be able to do that with one arm, a bad back, and an eye patch.

I have no issue with him missing shots and I hope he continues to shoot and regains his touch. Being lazy on defense, the turnovers, and decision-making is a major red flag. I believe he can pull it together again. Despite some claims that he has been horrible for a long time now, he has had a few very solid games in the mix. There is still time for him to put it together. I think if he can give us 12-13 ppg, plays solid defense, and knock down a 3 pointer or two each game, it will do wonders for us. He doesn't have to lead us as many here seem to claim. He has proven to be great cog in a team with a supporting role who does a little bit of everything.

Agree completely with this. He's one of the most "talented" guys on the team, unfortunately, he hasn't been "on" of late and when he isn't on, he seems to bring the team down with him which is unfortunate. Someone else needs to be able to step up at all times to take pressure of of Brandon. He seems to flourish when expectations aren't so high. I'm not excusing him, just sharing my observation. MCW is not the guy who is going to lead from that perspective. It needs to be James or CJ. James is hamstrung by not getting the minutes, so if CJ can lead by more than his actions, we have a shot.

Just one guys opinions...

If he's that hurt then he shouldn't be playing nearly 40 minutes, period.

SWC ... have you ever had any back pain? I'd say that its highly unlikely that Triche has back pain even from a pulled muscle or something minor.

I had a minor bout years ago. And I have worked with people with back problems. It is the mother of all pain ... except for maybe dental pain.

I would never accept that anyone with any level of back pain would be able to do what Triche does.

I have no idea what Triche's physical condition is. Athletes often play hurt and it can effect their performance. That doesn't mean we can't describe how ineffective their performance is. I don't have enough information to say whether or not his ineffectiveness could be, at least in part, due to an injury and neither do you. Until they come out and say something, all we can do is describe what we see.

Sorry...Cooney can't even seem to squeeze one off when he is in there.

44cuse
The less Cooney pulls the trigger the better.