Maybe this all adds up now? | Syracusefan.com

Maybe this all adds up now?

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
We wondered why SU had hired so many assistants for TGD recently. We thought it might have been because TGD had a lot of work to do with all the realignment talk. I am sure he did but a lot of it is the Presidents like Cantor. Maybe we knew what was going to happen and if it does, NOW TGD will have a lot of work to do integrating with the ACC and everything from schedules, travel, $$$$$, etc that goes with it. Any negotiating he was doing behind the scenes I wouldn't see as a full time job, if in fact we go ACC...now that I can see as a full time job and needing help in other areas.

We wondered why SU had hired so many assistants for TGD recently. We thought it might have been because TGD had a lot of work to do with all the realignment talk. I am sure he did but a lot of it is the Presidents like Cantor. Maybe we knew what was going to happen and if it does, NOW TGD will have a lot of work to do integrating with the ACC and everything from schedules, travel, $$$$$, etc that goes with it. Any negotiating he was doing behind the scenes I wouldn't see as a full time job, if in fact we go ACC...now that I can see as a full time job and needing help in other areas.

A good hypothisis if the reports. After the last fiasco I am waiting for confirmation. However, if the move comes to fruition your thoughtson increased staff and all of it's implications will make a good read if the history of this becomes public info.

Regarding a potential Sunday announcement ....are TGD and the chancellor on the West Coast or elsewhere? Sunday would be an odd news day but a good choice if the football media is occupied with the OU and Tejas meetings on Monday.

Random thought..it seems serious consideration for admission to the Big10 wasn't going to happen...again if the ACC rumors are true

A good hypothisis if the reports. After the last fiasco I am waiting for confirmation. However, if the move comes to fruition your thoughtson increased staff and all of it's implications will make a good read if the history of this becomes public info.

Regarding a potential Sunday announcement ....are TGD and the chancellor on the West Coast or elsewhere? Sunday would be an odd news day but a good choice if the football media is occupied with the OU and Tejas meetings on Monday.

Random thought..it seems serious consideration for admission to the Big10 wasn't going to happen...again if the ACC rumors are true

Why would SU a mid sized private university want to join a conference that is made almost entirely of very large land grant schools. It never made any sense. The only thing SU and the Big10 have in common is latitude.

Why would SU a mid sized private university want to join a conference that is made almost entirely of very large land grant schools. It never made any sense. The only thing SU and the Big10 have in common is latitude.

I agree with you Go. I raise the question only because it was a hot item of discussion in the past. Frankly, I don't know why any football team would want to be in that meat grinder every week. It is very easy to become an also ran in that league. PSU is a prime example.

I like the idea of SU in the ACC on several levels. These incude academics and size, East Coast geography, much better BB overall than B10, and if we can steadily improve football we can compete with anyone in the ACC.

We have a good opportunity to have emotional rivalries. Hell,we are not yet 24 hours into the story and UNC fans are confirming they are insufferable once removed hillbillies.

As I said before, Syracuse, the city, has much more in common with the Big 10. Syracuse, the university, has much more in common with the ACC.

I would say minus the snow plows, Syracuse the city and university has nothing in common with the Big 10 other than if it joined it would be another Northwestern... And as for Northwestern, who cares about that team if anyone even knows who they are? I kidd, but not really.

As I said before, Syracuse, the city, has much more in common with the Big 10. Syracuse, the university, has much more in common with the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom