McCord/offense | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

McCord/offense

How many called runs do our QBs have this year? 2? 3? I think we have 2 QB sneaks and that is it. Have we had QB kneels?

Going with four QB called runs, we have 25 called running plays per game. Passing we call 49.75 plays per game. So we are right at 66% pass, which IMO is too high. Especially given that we have played Ohio and Holy Cross, plus we were up bigly against GA Tech where you want to run clock.

If we are going to have roughly 75 plays per game, IMO we should be closer to 30-45 run-pass. Even that is a bit one sided. Being at 25-50 is too pass heavy. I think if we have more balance, we will put up more points.

Some will say we cannot run the ball, well our RBs are getting 4.82 ypc so is it a failure to run or a failure to call runs?

How many called runs do our QBs have this year? 2? 3? I think we have 2 QB sneaks and that is it. Have we had QB kneels?

Going with four QB called runs, we have 25 called running plays per game. Passing we call 49.75 plays per game. So we are right at 66% pass, which IMO is too high. Especially given that we have played Ohio and Holy Cross, plus we were up bigly against GA Tech where you want to run clock.

If we are going to have roughly 75 plays per game, IMO we should be closer to 30-45 run-pass. Even that is a bit one sided. Being at 25-50 is too pass heavy. I think if we have more balance, we will put up more points.

Some will say we cannot run the ball, well our RBs are getting 4.82 ypc so is it a failure to run or a failure to call runs?
The more pass heavy you are, the more sacks hurt your rushing average. You make a good point about rb averages .

Very good points. Curious what the 3rd and 1 or 2 on RB runs are and the push for a first down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom