McCullough enrolled | Syracusefan.com

McCullough enrolled

Does this mean we can talk on the court stuff now?

The emphasis on calling hand checks and not calling charges is going to make McCullough extremely difficult to defend. He's just bigger, taller, stronger, faster, and a better jumper than anybody who is going to try to guard him, and he will be in college too.

Is this IMG associated with the IMG agency that reps Hop??
Nice vertical integration if it is. I'm glad he has found a new school and hope he gets his school work done in time to get to Cuse next fall.

Doesn't seem shady at all. Sorry, but these prep schools are a joke.

You should see the Charter schools popping up all over Philadelphia.

Dear God in heaven, please protect and keep our future athletes safe and healthy. Please help them find the wisdom to make good choices with regards to school rules. Please help them make good choices with regards to taking the time to get good grades. Please help them listen to the coaches and have a good work ethic in practices and games.
Amen

IMG is also a sports marketing firm that reps various professional athletes. They also have world class athletes training at their facilities in areas of tennis, golf, etc. Maria Sharapova, Tommy Haas are a couple of the notable tennis players that currently train their. I believe that Paula Cramer, golfer, is represented by IMG and trains there. John Wallace used to train there and they represented him in his contract negotiations. Many top world rank junior tennis athletes also train there from all over the world. Nick Bolleteri is one of their well known tennis gurus. There was a local tennis kid from Rochester that played there. He was top 5 nationally when he was in the boys 14s and got a full scholarship to attend the academy.

IMG is also a sports marketing firm that reps various professional athletes. They also have world class athletes training at their facilities in areas of tennis, golf, etc. Maria Sharapova, Tommy Haas are a couple of the notable tennis players that currently train their. I believe that Paula Cramer, golfer, is represented by IMG and trains there. John Wallace used to train there and they represented him in his contract negotiations. Many top world rank junior tennis athletes also train there from all over the world. Nick Bolleteri is one of their well known tennis gurus. There was a local tennis kid from Rochester that played there. He was top 5 nationally when he was in the boys 14s and got a full scholarship to attend the academy.

I looked at their website and Iman Shumpert trains there in the off season as well.

How do kids with limited incomes afford a place like this? I have no idea what kind of background McCullough has, just asking a general question.

CuseFaninVT said:
I looked at their website and Iman Shumpert trains there in the off season as well.

How do kids with limited incomes afford a place like this? I have no idea what kind of background McCullough has, just asking a general question.

I'm sure they fund in need scholarships like most schools.

Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest given their association with a sports agency?

As long as there is no binding contracts I don't see how that's wrong. They would of course love to have Chris pick them as their agent in the future however he is free to do whatever he wants. SU gave me an academic scholarship probably with the hope that I will give back to the university some day. And SU is just as much of a business as they are. Seems pretty similar to me.

As long as there is no binding contracts I don't see how that's wrong. They would of course love to have Chris pick them as their agent in the future however he is free to do whatever he wants. SU gave me an academic scholarship probably with the hope that I will give back to the university some day. And SU is just as much of a business as they are. Seems pretty similar to me.

Yet getting a sports agent to pay for a plane ticket to a workout would cost the student his remaining eligibility... Somehow it doesn't seem right.

IMG Academy, although owned by the parent IMG, runs separately. They have a boarding school on the IMG training campus down in Bradenton, FL. The students do get to use their world class facilities and train alongside pro athletes who head down there. However, the parent company with all of the agents is based in NYC (used to be in Cleveland when I spent a summer working for them).

Doesn't seem shady at all. Sorry, but these prep schools are a joke.
A Joke? Look at all the Politicians who send their kids to Private and Prep Schools,Do a study "chosen" one and see how many
Power People in the US send their Kids to Public School and check out the Alumni List of these "Jokey "Prep Schools..

A Joke? Look at all the Politicians who send their kids to Private and Prep Schools,Do a study "chosen" one and see how many
Power People in the US send their Kids to Public School and check out the Alumni List of these "Jokey "Prep Schools..

You're responding to CuseFaninVT not me... Why do I have to do a study when I am on your side lol?

shouldn't he have enrolled first and went to class,then practice? sounds like a tryout to some who could contest that.

Usually for a different reason then athletes needing grades.

The best of them, yes. Some others....well, lets just their purpose is much more questionable. My point I guess is that it is easiersthan you might think to open a school that is academically accredited.

The best of them, yes. Some others....well, lets just their purpose is much more questionable. My point I guess is that it is easiersthan you might think to open a school that is academically accredited.

If parents can home school, what are the necessary qualifications for accreditation? I think charter schools do have much higher standards for sure. Last I knew only 1 state even required a college degree to homeschool your child (North Dakota)

IMG Academy, although owned by the parent IMG, runs separately. They have a boarding school on the IMG training campus down in Bradenton, FL. The students do get to use their world class facilities and train alongside pro athletes who head down there. However, the parent company with all of the agents is based in NYC (used to be in Cleveland when I spent a summer working for them).

I had a feeling it would be something like this. Just seems like there are too many opportunities for agents to 'accidentally' bump into players like Mr. McCullough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom