McCullough enrolled | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

McCullough enrolled

A Joke? Look at all the Politicians who send their kids to Private and Prep Schools,Do a study "chosen" one and see how many
Power People in the US send their Kids to Public School and check out the Alumni List of these "Jokey "Prep Schools..

How many kids from the IMG academy get into Princeton for anything other than athletics? If at all. Perhaps I should have been more clear in saying these prep schools that are primarily basketball factories are a joke. I agree the true prep schools are academically challenging.

Last edited:
shouldn't he have enrolled first and went to class,then practice? sounds like a tryout to some who could contest that.
I think he aced the tryout:

instagram.com/p/huWZqKKOLP/#

I had a feeling it would be something like this. Just seems like there are too many opportunities for agents to 'accidentally' bump into players like Mr. McCullough.

Can't say I disagree. Hopefully the IMG staff and everyone is well-aware of the rules since they have so many great prospects down there.

Last edited:
I am sure the SU staff is aware. Hoping whatever he needs to qualify can be completed early because it's a lock that the NCAA is going to closely evaluate him like they did Roberson.

I think this whole discussion for me is more about the fact that it's a complete joke that we are still believing these kids are anything resembling 'student-athletes.' I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they were talking about Jadeveon Clowney getting a speeding ticket for going 110. Yeah, no big deal, we all drove fast when we were young and stupid. But here's the thing I haven't heard anyone talking about. He was driving a Chrysler 300. I don't know much about him and his background but I'm fairly sure that he doesn't have the kind of money, YET, to afford a car like that that starts at $30K. Maybe it's a loaner he got from that guy in North Carolina that's good friends with PJ Hairston.

This is from the wiki page on the young man and part of the reason I don't think he could afford that sweet a ride.

Clowney is the son of Josenna Clowney, who has been a processing technician at the Frito-Lay plant in Charlotte, North Carolina, since 1994.[42][43] His father, David Morgan, was released from prison in 2006 after serving nearly 12 years for robbing a Rock Hill check-cashing business in 1995.[19][42][44] With his father incarcerated for much of his childhood, Clowney was raised by his mother and his maternal grandparents, John and Josephine Clowney, as well as his mother’s longtime boyfriend, Christopher Jones.[44]

You don't think Clowney could get a car loan based on his future earning? All a dealer has to do is give the same deal to others in the community and it's technically ok by the NCAA. So I am sure he gets credit approved and maybe low payments for now in the hopes that once he goes top 5 he goes back to that dealer and upgrades.

Now I am not arguing that it's a joke that the big sports are student-athletes because I tend to agree with that... it's time to stop pretending and change the way the NCAA works for those sports.

You don't think Clowney could get a car loan based on his future earning? All a dealer has to do is give the same deal to others in the community and it's technically ok by the NCAA. So I am sure he gets credit approved and maybe low payments for now in the hopes that once he goes top 5 he goes back to that dealer and upgrades.

Now I am not arguing that it's a joke that the big sports are student-athletes because I tend to agree with that... it's time to stop pretending and change the way the NCAA works for those sports.

Can he use his insurance policy to pay off that car if his knee gets torn up in his next game and that payday doesn't happen? I think you're probably right in what they can and can't do, but the possibility for abuse here is enormous. How does he make monthly 300 payments (for a lease because I assume he'll want something nicer in a few months) and the car insurance without working at all right now?

If parents can home school, what are the necessary qualifications for accreditation? I think charter schools do have much higher standards for sure. Last I knew only 1 state even required a college degree to homeschool your child (North Dakota)

Parents homeschooling only impact their own child and, to my knowledge, don't receive a tuition equivalent from the home school district. There is a significant economic reason for requiring the charter schools to meet some form of minimum standards that doesn't necessarily exist for the home schooler.

Does anyone have any problem that Hop throws some serious coin to this business, then days later this same firm says it will take care of our prize recruit? Probably on a scholarship basis, bless their hearts.

Does anyone have any problem that Hop throws some serious coin to this business, then days later this same firm says it will take care of our prize recruit? Probably on a scholarship basis, bless their hearts.
none.

i cant believe the hoop team has this down to a science and the football team is running around like the last 3 minutes of a Benny Hill episode.

dont they talk up there??:noidea:

:bang:

Oh Lord

none.

i cant believe the hoop team has this down to a science and the football team is running around like the last 3 minutes of a Benny Hill episode.

dont they talk up there??:noidea:

:bang:

Oh Lord
Does the football team recruit players worthy of being sent to an IMG or equivalent?

(From the OP's article) "practiced with his new team last night and is enrolling in classes today"

Glad to see the prize recruit has priorities straight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom