McCullough's Draft stock takes a tumble... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

McCullough's Draft stock takes a tumble...

Just as skilled at this stage as Grant was last year, and definitely bigger.

I agree with your comments but the NBA is going to question whether he can make the transition to forward and be successful at that position in the league. He probably needs to improve his shooting range and ball handling skills to make it in the NBA.

There is also a huge age difference between these players. Christmas is 23 years old while Jerami was only 19 last season. The NBA could look at how much Grant's game improved last year and envision him making a lot more development over the next few years. It is harder to have those expectations about one of the oldest players in college.

Just as skilled at this stage as Grant was last year, and definitely bigger.
really.. Grant at least showed he could score off some kind of offensive move and could dunk.

upperdeck said:
really.. Grant at least showed he could score off some kind of offensive move and could dunk.

I'm talking about Rak.

I am tired of guys leaving early, this team is what it is, next year could be a special year.
Do you sincerely not realize that you're saying that your desire for "a special year" outweighs the financial impact and benefit that professional basketball could have in any of our players' lives and their families' lives if they go early?

People accuse the players of being selfish, but the fans are selfish to an absurd degree. ABSURD.

OttoinGrotto said:
Do you sincerely not realize that you're saying that your desire for "a special year" outweighs the financial impact and benefit that professional basketball could have in any of our players' lives and their families' lives if they go early? People accuse the players of being selfish, but the fans are selfish to an absurd degree. ABSURD.

CMc isn't going to make next year special.

But I see no reason why fans can't wish for a player to return.

Really ?

I know you have been a skeptic/critic/whatever you wanna call it.

I know what you said the other day, if he did go. We wouldn't miss him off next years team.

He said he wanted his draft stock to tumble, he's tired of guys leaving early, and he thinks next year can be special.

He actually wants McCullough's career prospects in the short term to get worse to appease his own preference to have players stick around and so that he can have a better year as a fan.

That's absolutely terrible. Really, it's awful.

Do you sincerely not realize that you're saying that your desire for "a special year" outweighs the financial impact and benefit that professional basketball could have in any of our players' lives and their families' lives if they go early?

People accuse the players of being selfish, but the fans are selfish to an absurd degree. ABSURD.

Everyone in life is selfish to an extent, as fans we want what is best for the program, and the players want what is best for them, there is nothing wrong with that.

CuseHulk said:
Really ? I know you have been a skeptic/critic/whatever you wanna call it. I know what you said the other day, if he did go. We wouldn't miss him off next years team.

Opinion hasn't changed.

And a certain coach agrees with me.

Everyone in life is selfish to an extent, as fans we want what is best for the program, and the players want what is best for them, there is nothing wrong with that.
I'm not comfortable writing that off as "hey, we're all just selfish."

OttoinGrotto said:
He said he wanted his draft stock to tumble, he's tired of guys leaving early, and he thinks next year can be special. He actually wants McCullough's career prospects in the short term to get worse to appease his own preference to have players stick around and so that he can have a better year as a fan. That's absolutely terrible. Really, it's awful.

Agree. That's wrong. I hope he has a stellar second half of the season and realizes his dream.

It would be all good for CMc and SU.

CM needs to go pro to open up a scholarship spot, that is unless someone else leaves. Hindsight is 20/20, but why did we recruit Chinoso, Patterson?

dan7800 said:
CM needs to go pro to open up a scholarship spot, that is unless someone else leaves. Hindsight is 20/20, but why did we recruit Chinoso, Patterson?

Careful, I asked the question about both of them when the committed and ran into some problems. Patterson is getting some run this year but the next two years will be tough for him to get minutes. Chino, who knows.

Chris doesn't take people one on one yet, or body off the dribble in traffic Nothing wrong with seeing or wanting his stock to drop abit, until he is ready to beat his man some one on one. imo, There is no point of rejoicing over your 4th-6th best player on the team leaving early, before being a game changer imo. With another year Chris could be all acc first team, heck he could be the best player in the acc.

He is very far away from being ready for the nba. It would be all catch and pass for him.

He isn't big enough to play center in the NBA and hasn't shown the kind of skills you look for in a forward in the league. My guess is Christmas will not be drafted in June.

Stop making sense. It can really ruin a thread.

Rak can have a very nice career in Europe.

I don't know - Donte Greene was far more skilled than McC at this stage (and probably stronger amazingly enough), and he went 28th...and is out of the NBA already sadly.

McC going 21 seems like a reach in the grand scheme of things, but I do think he has a nice skill set, and wouldn't be shocked to see him get taken relatively early. It's all about potential - you just need one GM that sees a high ceiling.

Why, I have been an Su fan my whole life? So because it would benefit us more to have the kid come back next year, I should root for another team?
If you want a kid to perform poorly so he comes back next year, you should just stop watching sports.

to get McCullough/Bryant

We'll be good without him next year. We would return 5 of our top 7 players. Add a top five class, and get Coleman back which is like getting a transfer.

Mike, Trevor, Roberson, and Joseph will form a formidable starting lineup with whoever the five will be.

We are MUCH MUCH better with Chris back. People are drastically minimizing his talent and ability. He is a 30 + minute per game guy next year on our team. He should be this year too, but he has fallen in to the Paul Harris-like doghouse.

We are MUCH MUCH better with Chris back. People are drastically minimizing his talent and ability. He is a 30 + minute per game guy next year on our team. He should be this year too, but he has fallen in to the Paul Harris-like doghouse.

Unless someone else leaves, it seems like CM would have to leave for Bryant to come here. I'd take that trade.

Overall though, I still think CM has the potential to be a GREAT player. We put too much emphasis on Freshmen.

Unless someone else leaves, it seems like CM would have to leave for Bryant to come here. I'd take that trade.

thats a different story. i would tend to agree with that. But i would think we would try to encourage someone else to leave who will be buried on the bench (a la BJ or Buss)