McDonald's All American? | Syracusefan.com

McDonald's All American?

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Watching Rak play makes me wonder how the guy would have even made Arby's or Hardees All American

You realize we said the same about Fab last year, right?

Christmas commits a foul on nearly every play and he is surprised when he gets whistled for touching a guy shooting midair. FOUL HIM or go straight up.

Played like a Captain D's AA today for sure, a shrimp in the middle.

You realize we said the same about Fab last year, right?
Fab was horribly out of shape last year. You could still see there were flashes. I think Rak will be OK...but seriously..All American? Just goes to show you how bogus the rankings are.

He's a ridiculous athlete who hasn't played much organized basketball. He's shown flashes, and I think he will be just fine.

He's a ridiculous athlete who hasn't played much organized basketball. He's shown flashes, and I think he will be just fine.

And it shows. Not saying he wont eventually bring it together, but shoudn't high school all american status be based on what one already brings to the table? These are awards given to what one has accomplished, not what one may accomplish.

Rakeem is a big time player. He just needs more time to develop. Unlike Fab, who was huge last year, Rakeem is way too skinny.

Exactly, needs time in the weight room this summer. Lots of time.

His offense and attitude was questioned at the HS level. Did we think that was magically going to go away at this level? It will take a couple years. He is very immature.

And it shows. Not saying he wont eventually bring it together, but shoudn't high school all american status be based on what one already brings to the table? These are awards given to what one has accomplished, not what one may accomplish.

He did very well in high school, that's why he was a McDonalds All-American. It's based on their play in high school, not their play the following season in college.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Ease up some!!!!
Wrong game to say that for Rak.

Kilic played the whole darn game while Rak was in.

1. Kilic is so much stronger.
2. He has a Hook he shot about 10 times on.
3. He was using his elbow and body all day especially elbow.
4. Hes slow and methodical and ways about 50 pounds more then Rak.
5. Kilic is built to play Center especially with Kevin Jones.
6. Rak isn't. Hes going to be more of a powerforward. Hes just raw hasn't caught up to the speed of the game yet. Warrick averaged about 3 mpg on a team headed to the NIT all year as a freshmen. And it wasn't about who was ahead of him.
Give the guy time. Curious how his face up game is going to develop. I know his low midpost game will but hes going to need a face up to prove he is anywhere worthy of being a offensive weapon.
7. We didn't drive and kick and drive again to get the ball inside at all to him today.

JB said in the post game, "I kept checking to see if Rakeem was awake during the game".. daaaamn.

Dashonte Riley. Rak has much stronger arms then riley and is two inches smaller.

There is nothing Rak could have done. Kilic shot was as easy to get off as AO's. Even against AO he would have got that shot up 8-9 times in 30 minutes if he wanted to. Howabout the PF help he had tonight. Thets be real.

Kilic is averaging 11 ppg this year.
If Rak was up against Senior AO would we be saying the same?
Kilic was 2-10 tonight. 2 for 10 and 1-5 from the line.
What more do you want?

Kilicli Didn't score in the first half......That's the entire first half

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom