mcnabb arrested | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

mcnabb arrested

DUI...another money making machine for any local government. What are the laws heading towards now? I think I saw something where they were trying to reduce the Blood Alcohol Level even further. .06 maybe?? Isn't that like taking a shot of cough medicine? Seriously? I understand what CAN happen, but why aren't people punished for what DID happen?? He's done great things in and out of football for his local communities, SU, etc, etc. I hope he doesn't get unfairly beat up on this. The way the laws are heading 50% of the US population will have a DUI in our lifetime. Heck, the police should set up shop at every road leaving the Dome after a game. It would be a field day.

A close relative of mine got one a couple years ago. She never drinks, never goes out, great job, great person. She used to volunteer at the NJ Foodbank once a month. Had to entertain clients at a Yankees game. You know where I'm going with this. Pulled over on her way home to NJ, 5 minutes from her house. They made her take all the crazy tests that a sober person couldn't pass. She could have walked home. Threw her in jail next to an armed robbery suspect. Got out next day. Her punishment was either 4 days in jail...4!!! or plead guilty and 40hrs community service, DUI class, Evaluations, etc, etc. They made her feel like she was a raging alcoholic that hit someone. Now she never wants to go anywhere. Won't drive anywhere, goes straight home after work, nothing.. Its been 3 years. She is a great person and was pulled over at a routine traffic stop-never hurt anyone. A perfectly good person makes one mistake and gets destroyed for it-all in the name of a deposit to the local gov't. She was given absolutely no credit for a being a good contributing member of society.

I understand burying someone who blows a 0.18 and is falling all over themselves, or hit someone etc, etc...but this was ridiculous. All the laws do now is generate income for local governments...it isn't about protecting anyone. I'm all for safety...have all vehicles be installed with a Blood Alcohol detection device if that helps. The car won't start if it detects alcohol or something. All for it. Sorry for the rant-this struck a cord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom