McQuery death threats... | Syracusefan.com

McQuery death threats...

Jake

Mod
So a bunch of us were wondering at the tailgate, if McQuery was receiving death threats because of:

a) He failed to save the little boy from his attacker (misguided angst)
or
b) He opened his mouth and started this entire downward spiral at PSU (revoltingly disgusting angst)

As this will surprise no one, its now been suggested that it is indeed B.

It is downright astonishing the reaction to incidents at PSU. They are absolutely clueless how inhumane they are coming off to the rest of America. Their brand is screwed for a generation.

So a bunch of us were wondering at the tailgate, if McQuery was receiving death threats because of:

or
b) He opened his mouth and started this entire downward spiral at PSU (revoltingly disgusting angst)

It is downright astonishing the reaction to incidents at PSU. They are absolutely clueless how inhumane they are coming off to the rest of America. Their brand is screwed for a generation.

Read the Charles P. Pierce article I linked, he comes at PSU guns blazing.

Also, the Audibles message board for PSU makes me want to vomit.

At some point, the Feds are going to have to come in and just clean this up from top to bottom, because clearly anyone from Happy Valley or even PA, it seems, aren't going to be without bias in some respect.

More angry at the person who told the truth over a guy that rapes children. I'm sure they are letting sandusky run free so someone can end his life and happy valley will then assume they have closure, wrong it's just starting for that cult of a program. The anger is so misplaced.

or

While I think B is indeed sick, it doesn't even make sense. Had McQueary kept it to himself and never told JoePa, they would have still fired JoePa. The case came about because of 2009 not 2002. And there was 98 as well. 2002 could have never happened and JoePa woulda been fired.

or

In reality any death threat(s) was probably the work of one or two misguided idiots. Not to defend PSU or its fans, but I hardly think the death threat(s) should be looked at as being representative of anything PSU, State College or the like. There is plenty else going on there that really is reflective of the broader communities to make them look bad.

im now convinced penn state u and maybe the whole state of pennsylvania is Pro-Man/Boy assrape.

some people are clearly mad at him, so i think your options should be

a) he spoke up and now it will be harder for them to continue to assrape

b) he didnt jump in and join the fun

both are clearly bad choices for folks in the keystone state.

While I think B is indeed sick, it doesn't even make sense. Had McQueary kept it to himself and never told JoePa, they would have still fired JoePa. The case came about because of 2009 not 2002. And there was 98 as well. 2002 could have never happened and JoePa woulda been fired.

Maybe, maybe not. JoePa was fired due to the pressure from the public outrage that resulted from the McQueary incident. If McQueary never said anything to JoePa after the 2002 incident, then JoePa could truly claim he knew nothing about it and could ride that out for a couple years at least.

or

I was wondering the same thing. If it is B that's pretty disturbing.

As an upstate new yorker transplanted and living in PA on the md/pa boarder its very shocking. Paterno is like a cult, because people I considered standard decent type guys don't seem to get this at all. They get mad at me when I continually point out that they are defending child rapists when they defend Paterno. These seemingly normal people suddenly can no longer figure out that 1+1=2 They are also in denial that Penn St fball is basically finished for many many years.

Here's a question McQuery needs to ask himself:
If he had stumbled upon another sort of crime being committed in the locker room that involved a child victim - let say, a robbery - would his reaction still have been to simply report it to JoPa? He could have personally intervened, or at least called Campus Security, but other than completely ignoring the situation, his response was the most spineless of the options available to him. I think his reaction says as much about the football culture at Penn State as it does McQuery's judgment.

"it's been suggested"...by whom? Anyone credible?

Here's a question McQuery needs to ask himself:
If he had stumbled upon another sort of crime being committed in the locker room that involved a child victim - let say, a robbery - would his reaction still have been to simply report it to JoPa? He could have personally intervened, or at least called Campus Security, but other than completely ignoring the situation, his response was the most spineless of the options available to him. I think his reaction says as much about the football culture at Penn State as it does McQuery's judgment.

Well how about the knife fight in the cafeteria between players that he reportedly broke up? Although it may have served PSU football to intervene in that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom