MCW Article | Syracusefan.com

MCW Article

Tobias Funke

All Conference
Nice article on MCW from syracuse.com in OE's daily links.

Thought it was worth singling out for one main reason and that is some of the talk on this board not about MCW's play, but his attitude and commitment. There have been many occasions where he is labeled as selfish, not a team player, his attitude was placed into question before yesterday's game by one poster insinuating he thought he may be this team's problem in the lockeroom. Many people have issue with his demeanor. I think there is validity to some or all of that at times, but I think a lot of players can fall into those traps. bottom line is I believe he is a good kid who does care about his team, and is not on an NBA audition. Now he will likely jump, but his focus remains on this team.

Fair said Carter-Williams noticed his first-half frustration and kept propping him up with injections of confidence. Carter-Williams fed Fair with 12 minutes left in a tight game and Fair converted a lane jumper to give the Orange a 48-46 lead. He came back to Fair later in the game and Fair responded with a 15-foot jump shot.
“He was running the offense. He got me going, he stuck with me even though I didn’t have the first half I wanted to have,” Fair said. “He kept going to me to keep me going.”

Today is going to really show me something about how this kid is wired. Pitt is going to throw every piece of junk defense at him, frustrate him, hand check him, bump him. I hope he stays patient, DOES NOT try to force things and makes better decisions. He cant get caught driving to the basket and into no mans land. That drive into a double team and attempted kick out pass that almost always gets stolen isnt going to cut it today.

It would be nice if we could get some transition baskets today as well and get to the FT line.

Today is going to really show me something about how this kid is wired. Pitt is going to throw every piece of junk defense at him, frustrate him, hand check him, bump him. I hope he stays patient, DOES NOT try to force things and makes better decisions. He cant get caught driving to the basket and into no mans land. That drive into a double team and attempted kick out pass that almost always gets stolen isnt going to cut it today.

It would be nice if we could get some transition baskets today as well and get to the FT line.

I'm glad this isn't the first time MCW is facing Pitt.

With Southy playing today vs. Pitt, I see Cuse winning by 10...