MCW Grew Up Before Our Eyes in the 2nd Half...... | Syracusefan.com

MCW Grew Up Before Our Eyes in the 2nd Half......

newmexicuse

All Conference
Incredible improvement in TOs & floor presence....and that was before he totally took over at the end !!

Not going to bash the kid, especially after a win, but he still had some shaky moments down the stretch and missed free throws. Tough place to play. Good experience gained.

Not going to bash the kid, especially after a win, but he still had some shaky moments down the stretch and missed free throws.
You're crazy. He did miss a FT and was awful in the 1st half, but he was absolutely rock solid in the last 12 minutes or so. The kid loves to win, no doubt about it.

You're crazy. He did miss a FT and was awful in the 1st half, but he was absolutely rock solid in the last 12 minutes or so. The kid loves to win, no doubt about it.
I've been called worse by better. Just my opinion.

He put the game on his shoulders at the end. He was clearly pissed about the turnovers and was not going to put his head down. Major league 3 to tie the game at half. Major league steals and dunk to finish off Louisville. If he made all his free throws at the end of the game, he would have left no doubt about his clutch status.

Don't forget, all of this started when Triche missed his free throw.

Not going to bash the kid, especially after a win, but he still had some shaky moments down the stretch and missed free throws. Tough place to play. Good experience gained.

He missed a free throw after sprinting down the floor, dunking, and falling on his face. Chill.

Yeah, I thought he was really rock solid when he got stripped by Smith, who extended the Louisville lead. Also rock solid when he drove to the basket and got nothing, leading to a shot clock violation.

He was on the way to the losing the game for us before he won it for us. Great finish, no question. But let's not get carried away.

After the tough games Flynn Scoop Devendorf Harris Rautins have had against Ville (especially on the road) should be estatic. He was twice as good as most of those performances.

Triche first half and Mike second half were the leaders.

Yeah him and Brandon missed a couple big FTs. It happens. So what.

What I love about MCW is that he can step it up defensively and when BT does too and our zone is extended the other teams guards get confused and don't know what to do.

MCW kept fighting today and played hard. That is all I ask. He made huge 3s that I don't think any other player would have hit. (Brandon was great but he's not a guy who is gonna keep scoring and drop 40 its hard to explain but when you get 20+ from Brandon you don't want him to keep jackin shots.)

If he was lazy on D that is one thing. But this is a kid who has not played much BB at this level who is not only finding his game but also finding the balance between being a scorer and distributor. While going head to head with some of the best PGs in college ball (Wyatt, Siva, Collins.)

I know what we have in MCW and I have no issues with the mistakes he does make since they are all pretty much inevitable and justified by all the good things he does.

So imagine how good he'll be with a year of experience. He's excellent now...so...

He missed a free throw after sprinting down the floor, dunking, and falling on his face. Chill.
Not sure where you would have thought I was anything less than chill?

Not sure where you would have thought I was anything less than chill?

Yeah, always amused when people assume someone's pissed off just because they offer a different perspective. Wouldn't the people going manic over MCW be the ones who need to chill?

Have to give him credit for sucking it up and winning the game for us late. I don't think he had a turnover in the last 6 or 7 minutes.

Have to give him credit for sucking it up and winning the game for us late. I don't think he had a turnover in the last 6 or 7 minutes.

There were at least two (the ones I mentioned above).

MCW came up big in the 2nd half especially the last 4 minutes. Thre are going to be growing pains but what an upside he has. Thanks you MCW. Great win.

I give MCW credit for calming down a bit in the 2nd half but as to putting the team in his shoulders? He had a bad strip, a horrible running layup and he only turned it over once down the stretch because JB took the ball out of his against the press. Great move by JB.

As to the steal and dunk, great play but it wasn't as much a steal as it was a patented Siva bad pass.

But credit to MCW for staying positive and keeping with it.

Huge!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

MCW was bigtime down the stretch. He really stepped up in a way I didn't know if he had in him yet or not. Funny thing is given how bad he played for most of the game, the fact he took over the game at the end is all anyone on SC or College Gameday have talked about. His name just blew up on the college basketball scene yesterday, if it already hadn't to some extent. Btw, yea he had alot of turnovers BUT his stat line was sickkkkk.

fyi the TO that led to the dunk was with ~8 min to go.

And MCW got hacked like crazy right before he turned it over there. (Though he got away with a charge as a makeup call shortly after)

MCW played great in the last 7:30 minutes of the game...however, last I looked its a 40 minute game. I believe that MCW will be a great player...he is not there today and may not be there for a while. He is inconsistant...his handle is well lots of TOs...his HEART is strong and that may be his best asset...will to win. In the second half if you did not notice, JB had the ball in Triche's hands coming up court which freed MCW from the dribbling act that doesnt cut it.
'Cuse won and MCW was a primary cog for 'Cuse to do so. But he also was a reason why the game was close to being lost.
What is most important is that this game shows that poor play for more than a half can be overcome with STAR play over 7 minutes--especially at the end.
I could not be prouder of MCW the way he came back...but there is only so many Jack and Cokes that one can drink in the first 33 minutes before wondering what happened to our PG...of course, same could be said of Siva. Overall, this will become an INSTANT CLASSIC and I will watch and root each time I see this game along with the '03 NC and the 6OT at MSG.
For the record, I rushed the TV closest to me at a sportsbar in Raleigh...thinking of the great times 'Cuse fans will have beating up on the likes of Duke, NC, and Louisville...GO 'CUSE!!(and those I was with kept trying to calm me down)

we all saw how he could take over the end of a game in high school and he finally showed it on the biggest stage of the year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom