MCW Invited to Green Room | Syracusefan.com

MCW Invited to Green Room

arbitragegls

All Conference
MCW according to ESPN is one of 10 to be invited to Green room for the draft...looks like he will be a lottery baby:

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/st...aft-10-players-invited-green-room-sources-say

What is interesting about this is that JB and 'Cuse are sending several players over the past few years at the lottery level...it is about time for others to give the 'Cuse BBall team credit where it is due...very good program; very good players.

It's Good to be 'Cuse!

This could go either way for him as far the green room wait. I think he'll go in the 10-15 range so I think it shouldn't be too excruciating.

I don't doubt that. I just mean how Wallace went to the draft and found himself sitting around in the green room for a very long time.

He wasn't the only one, as I recall. That draft was full of Euros, IIRC, and a few went fairly high. Walter McCarty of UK sat in the Green Room almost as long as JDub.

Edit: I also remember Wallace being given the moniker of "tweener" by the experts commentating that night. All they did was keep reminding people that Wallace was too short to be an NBA PF and was too big to be a SF. I wonder how many guys selected ahead of him became washouts?

MCW will go between 5 and 12 according to most of the draftnicks. Would be nice to see him go #5 to Phoenix or #12 to OK City good orgs where he can succeed. Hope he avoids the Sac Kings...awful organization. It's amazing how most of the sports blogs seem to ignore (or ridicule) SU when it comes to pros and yet have high regard for Ville and Mich St, schools that haven't had many if any high selections in recent years. Probably due to the play of Flynn and Wes. But we sure have turned out more high picks and millionaires than those schools recently.

MCW will go between 5 and 12 according to most of the draftnicks. Would be nice to see him go #5 to Phoenix or #12 to OK City good orgs where he can succeed. Hope he avoids the Sac Kings...awful organization. It's amazing how most of the sports blogs seem to ignore (or ridicule) SU when it comes to pros and yet have high regard for Ville and Mich St, schools that haven't had many if any high selections in recent years. Probably due to the play of Flynn and Wes. But we sure have turned out more high picks and millionaires than those schools recently.
Suns are definitely a team in transition. They haven't made the playoffs the last three seasons and have been in a downhill spiral since Sarver bought the team. Hopefully their new staff can make a difference. I think MCW has to go to a well balanced team for him to succeed. I'm not sure he can carry the team on his back by himself. I think teams might recognize this and that is why he is all over the board.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

His family has said for several weeks that they would be in the green room. ESPN is making it look like it's their call.

A player has to be invited by the NBA to the green room, but any player can go to the draft and sit in the audience and come down when his name is called. I was at last years draft you can't hear a thing when you are there its better to watch it on TV, but several players were in the audience.

He wasn't the only one, as I recall. That draft was full of Euros, IIRC, and a few went fairly high. Walter McCarty of UK sat in the Green Room almost as long as JDub.

Edit: I also remember Wallace being given the moniker of "tweener" by the experts commentating that night. All they did was keep reminding people that Wallace was too short to be an NBA PF and was too big to be a SF. I wonder how many guys selected ahead of him became washouts?

Not too many the 1996 draft is considered one of the best in NBA history.

A player has to be invited by the NBA to the green room, but any player can go to the draft and sit in the audience and come down when his name is called. I was at last years draft you can't hear a thing when you are there its better to watch it on TV, but several players were in the audience.
Well, apparently MCW's family got that invitation some time ago because they have stated they were going to be in waiting room.

Well, apparently MCW's family got that invitation some time ago because they have stated they were going to be in waiting room.

I'm sure you can't people just a few days to make travel plans and get time off from work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom