MCW Last 15 Minutes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW Last 15 Minutes

good lord- did you watch the game? triche fumbled away so many balls and was not presenting himself to the ball well- these guys were tired and you could see it- without james out there it put pressure on a tired backcourt to make it all happen.. your over analyzing and off base here.

I did watch the game and MCW sucked the last 16 minutes and did not do what great point guards are supposed to do. If you want to be an apologist then fine but having watched the Orange for 38 years he was not good and not poised. First half your right he was great but great players play entire games don't quit and stay poised!

He was sensational during the 1st half. Louisville, down 14, began a full scale assault with pressure so intense that you would have needed a crowbar to separate defenders from our players on offense. The deterioration of MCW's play was directly correlated to his level of frustration. It was obvious that he felt that the defensive effort targeted at him was not being called correctly by the officials.

Sadly, one of Micheal's liabilities is the fact that he is known to melt down and let his emotions overrun his intellect and once that happens it boils over and can quickly spiral out of control. The point guard is the player that sets the tone for the entire team. Once he became rattled it was like cutting off the head of the team. With each passing minute that Louisville continued it's offensive revival and defensive blitzkrieg, the frustration level continued to rise.

MCW has clearly demonstrated that he is a special talent. At the same time he has shown that he has more than one area of his game that need a lot of improvement. With all players, we have to accept the assets with the liabilities and hope for the development of their assets and the minimization or elimination of the liabilties. In time he will learn to keep the intellect over the emotion and develop a better outside shot. Chances are it won't be here at Syracuse. Yes, watching his meltdown in the 2nd half was infuriating and heartbreaking, but, he has done us proud for the most part and he's not done in Orange yet either.

Wished he'd been able to learn last year what he learned this year.-VBOF

Wished he'd been able to learn last year what he learned this year.-VBOF
Glad we didn't burn last year for the sake of this year.
He learned as much as he could as the legitimate #4 guard last year.

MCW cost us the game plain and simple. When things go wrong the point guard is supposed to be the coach on the floor pull it out calm everyone and slow things down MCW did none of these things. Again he has great raw talent but his basketball iq against tough teams in tough situations is just not there and hope he learns from his mistakes this game before Thur/Fri. Before anyone jumps my arse I really want to see him be Dion or Scoop or even Jason Hart and play with a calm intellectual demeanor I want success for him because I want success for our Orange but he is really driving me spare.

By the way Happy Saint Patricks Day Go Orange!

really? How about our off guard having more turnovers then our PG when not handling the ball nearly as much? so against louisville's pressure mcw was expected to break their pressure flawlessly all by himself, then create shots in the half court, continue to play intense defense, all while getting hand checked and groped the whole game? others need to be able to step up and relieve some of the pressure. we ran out of gas plain and simple. mcw, and the team as a whole had a great week in nyc. to throw this at the feet of 1 player is just ignorant.

really? How about our off guard having more turnovers then our PG when not handling the ball nearly as much? so against louisville's pressure mcw was expected to break their pressure flawlessly all by himself, then create shots in the half court, continue to play intense defense, all while getting hand checked and groped the whole game? others need to be able to step up and relieve some of the pressure. we ran out of gas plain and simple. mcw, and the team as a whole had a great week in nyc. to throw this at the feet of 1 player is just ignorant.

MCW apologist much

MCW apologist much

somebody has to. you actually just asked him to be like scoop, or jason hart. 2 other SU point guards people couldn't run out of town fast enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom