MCW Last 15 Minutes | Syracusefan.com

MCW Last 15 Minutes

domefoam

Walk On
Entire team melted down in 2nd half but no team is winning with point guard play like this.

15:28 Turnover
15:06 Missed 3
14:11 Missed FT
14:11 Missed FT
13:49 Turnover
13:32 Rebound
11:08 Missed FT
11:08 Made FT
9:34 Turnover
9:09 Foul
9:09 Turnover
8:43 Made FT
8:43 Missed FT
6:39 Rebound
6:17 Foul
3:32 Miss Layup
3:02 Missed FT
3:03 Missed FT
2:26 Missed 3
1:36 Foul Out

Combination of the usual MCW good with the bad, finally getting tired and being molested on every play. Took its toll.

FT's bothered me more than anything. He's been fairly good at them recently

He should be excused for the two free throws that he had to take immediately after taking a shot to the groin. Ouch!

Have to think fatigue played a factor. No reason for him to go from being automatic to missing everything again. Also no reason for him to be ridiculously efficient with the ball to turning it over every other play. Fatigue will hit a PG in those 2 spots.

When the other team switches to a press "defense" the person who is going to get the lions share of the blame is the primary ball handler. Was someone else on the team going to do a better job with that "defensive pressure"? He played great up to that point. The missed FTs bother me. The other stuff not as much considering what they passed off as"defense" last night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Kid played his ass off this weekend give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did. And he still had 9 assists and "only" 4 turnovers. I think he was mentally shot by the end which is the reason for so many missed FTs. Louisville is the last team you want to play on the 4th game in 4 days. They just got wore out. Kudos to 'Cuse ... especially JSouth as everyone will look at him as an elite shooter if they don't already do. Bring on the Brackets!!!

He was sensational during the 1st half. Louisville, down 14, began a full scale assault with pressure so intense that you would have needed a crowbar to separate defenders from our players on offense. The deterioration of MCW's play was directly correlated to his level of frustration. It was obvious that he felt that the defensive effort targeted at him was not being called correctly by the officials.

Sadly, one of Micheal's liabilities is the fact that he is known to melt down and let his emotions overrun his intellect and once that happens it boils over and can quickly spiral out of control. The point guard is the player that sets the tone for the entire team. Once he became rattled it was like cutting off the head of the team. With each passing minute that Louisville continued it's offensive revival and defensive blitzkrieg, the frustration level continued to rise.

MCW has clearly demonstrated that he is a special talent. At the same time he has shown that he has more than one area of his game that need a lot of improvement. With all players, we have to accept the assets with the liabilities and hope for the development of their assets and the minimization or elimination of the liabilties. In time he will learn to keep the intellect over the emotion and develop a better outside shot. Chances are it won't be here at Syracuse. Yes, watching his meltdown in the 2nd half was infuriating and heartbreaking, but, he has done us proud for the most part and he's not done in Orange yet either.

I thought he was only guy who did not completely fold . If true, numbers there attest to how woeful the rest if the team must have been.

I thought he could have focused more on drawing fouls. It looks like he only drew 4 in the 2nd.

The FT % is a joke. Very disappointing for a guard.

He was gassed...MCW played a great 3.6 games...just ran out of steam at the end.

MCW was fine. We just got attacked by intense pressure at a time when we had hit the wall. Nobody in the country faced the trio of defenses we did on 3 straight nights.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Some credit has to go to Louisville. They ain't a one seed for nothing. When they turn up their press they are as good as anyone. If they play like they did in the second half against ANY team as gassed as we were last night the result would be the same.

this game and tournament reminded me of the six OT year tourney. That year we used momentum to carry a lead into the half against a very good louisville team. Mentally and physically we wore down to their pressure and lost. The mark had been made as it has already with wins over pitt and gtown. Also with js on the floor we were +16 on the hottest team in the country before his 4th and fatigue took over. MCW was brilliant in the first half. There is no Blake Griffin in the tourney this year.

MCW cost us the game plain and simple. When things go wrong the point guard is supposed to be the coach on the floor pull it out calm everyone and slow things down MCW did none of these things. Again he has great raw talent but his basketball iq against tough teams in tough situations is just not there and hope he learns from his mistakes this game before Thur/Fri. Before anyone jumps my arse I really want to see him be Dion or Scoop or even Jason Hart and play with a calm intellectual demeanor I want success for him because I want success for our Orange but he is really driving me spare.

By the way Happy Saint Patricks Day Go Orange!

MCW cost us the game plain and simple. When things go wrong the point guard is supposed to be the coach on the floor pull it out calm everyone and slow things down MCW did none of these things. Again he has great raw talent but his basketball iq against tough teams in tough situations is just not there and hope he learns from his mistakes this game before Thur/Fri. Before anyone jumps my arse I really want to see him be Dion or Scoop or even Jason Hart and play with a calm intellectual demeanor I want success for him because I want success for our Orange but he is really driving me spare.

good lord- did you watch the game? triche fumbled away so many balls and was not presenting himself to the ball well- these guys were tired and you could see it- without james out there it put pressure on a tired backcourt to make it all happen.. your over analyzing and off base here.

(n)

I remember him being on the deck at least twice. Once for the groin and once for the ankle. Takes a toll.

He was sensational during the 1st half. Louisville, down 14, began a full scale assault with pressure so intense that you would have needed a crowbar to separate defenders from our players on offense. The deterioration of MCW's play was directly correlated to his level of frustration. It was obvious that he felt that the defensive effort targeted at him was not being called correctly by the officials.

Sadly, one of Micheal's liabilities is the fact that he is known to melt down and let his emotions overrun his intellect and once that happens it boils over and can quickly spiral out of control. The point guard is the player that sets the tone for the entire team. Once he became rattled it was like cutting off the head of the team. With each passing minute that Louisville continued it's offensive revival and defensive blitzkrieg, the frustration level continued to rise.

Yep and I think the flagrant foul was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Question for the room: does a game like last night help or hurt his draft stock? He was dominant for the first 25 minutes and then totally incompetent for the rest, displaying all his weaknesses, specifically that maturity and composure we have talked about.

I just feel like if the kid comes back he will be an absolutely incredible player at the college level next year. Really hoping we get to enjoy that.

If that game track started with "fouled bringing the ball up the court" then the rest of it changes.

Yep and I think the flagrant foul was the straw that broke the camel's back.

That flagrant foul was the biggest call I've ever seen. Game changer.

This one is certainly not on MCW. A fatigued, foul-plagued SU team got run over by a freight train after the 16 minute mark. There were plently of bad passes, poor decisions and missed assignments to go around. But above all, Louisville happens to be an excellent team; there is no shame in losing to them. You may not like how last night's game ended, but I'd say SU battled them pretty nicely in each of of the three games this year, and that bodes well for the NCAAT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom