MCW = shotgun mouth and BB-gun a$$ | Syracusefan.com

MCW = shotgun mouth and BB-gun a$$

alibrat66

2nd String
Last night was a perfect example of why no player should downgrade their opponent before a big game, and why coaches usually demand that players don't make such remarks. Gives an incentive to your opponent (locker room material), and, most times, makes the player shooting his mouth off look like an idiot. After his and the team's effort last night, MCW looks like a loud-mouth in a Lord & Taylor bathrobe, whose mouth overloaded his a$$. I hope it's a lesson learned for MCW.

He certainly didn't back it up. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

For him to be talking about "always" and "always will" — for a guy who's hoping to skip out after only one full year of playing — just dumb and completely without perspective. As dumb as the Donte-era "legacy" symbol. DO something, then gloat, if that's what gets you off. But, talking guff and then getting run over in the biggest SU game since 2003? I hope he has enough sense to be embarrassed.

Still don't mind the comments, but he's just got to play a lot better. No wild threes in the half-court, no elevating with nothing to do and throwing the ball back to the dark jerseys, and no whipping lob passes behind teammates' heads.

Good hustle today, good enough on defense. But the half-court offense was terrible, and a lot of the blame for that rests with the point guard.

That's why I can't understand what the NBA sees in him,

So, he's 6-6 and....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are some question marks.

Will he ever get faster? (One wouldn't think so.)

Will he ever become a better shooter? (Probably. But how much better, and how quickly?)

Will he be an adequate defender? (Maybe)

I think there are some question marks.

Will he ever get faster? (One wouldn't think so.)

Will he ever become a better shooter? (Probably. But how much better, and how quickly?)

Will he be an adequate defender? (Maybe)

Good points.

Can he finish better?

And can he make others around him better?

He didn't really play bad at all today. Just didnt quite step up. He only took one bad shot before it was out of reach and I only remember really 2 bad passes where he left his feet and threw it to Georgetown. Otherwise he did a pretty nice job of spreading the ball around, picking his spots, and finding cutters. Once again, we shot like crap. My only real beef with him tonight is that he didn't feed Christmas at all and he may have been too focused on getting his teammates involved.

Good points.

Can he finish better?

And can he make others around him better?

Yeah, especially re: finishing. NBA guards (especially the ones who are 6'6") who blow transition buckets aren't too popular with their coaches.

He didn't really play bad at all today. Just didnt quite step up. He only took one bad shot before it was out of reach and I only remember really 2 bad passes where he left his feet and threw it to Georgetown. Otherwise he did a pretty nice job of spreading the ball around, picking his spots, and finding cutters. Once again, we shot like crap. My only real beef with him tonight is that he didn't feed Christmas at all and he may have been too focused on getting his teammates involved.

No, this wasn't one of those terrible performances. The three was bad. The jump passes are bad, too.

Loved the decisive take and dunk to cut the deficit to four. He needs more of that. (And a lot more of feeding Christmas when his man is sealed and he's wide open on the block.)

I thought he was very ordinary today. Very ordinary. He made maybe two, three plays that stood out. But they were negated by two or three really bad plays.

I thought he was very ordinary today. Very ordinary. He made maybe two, three plays that stood out. But they were negated by two or three really bad plays.

I agree. Lots of pounding the rock into the floor, no plan of attack, side to side passing. Who the heck is he going to blow by in the NBA? Some of this is on the coaches to figure out a better way to attack a zone and we CAN'T keep playing 4 on 5 on offense.

Seemed like our first few possessions in the second half consisted of three guys standing around the perimeter passing it back and forth.

I agree. Lots of pounding the rock into the floor, no plan of attack, side to side passing. Who the heck is he going to blow by in the NBA? Some of this is on the coaches to figure out a better way to attack a zone and we CAN'T keep playing 4 on 5 on offense.

I agree. Not all on him. I've said for years that we really don't have a great offensive scheme. A lot of what we produce offensively is from one on one play and happenstance.

This has been a lesson filled year for MCW. Whether he has learned anything from them is a good question.

This was most definitely not our most important game since 2003. Good grief.

In MCW's defense, who is he supposed to pass the ball to? Rak who catches the ball 50% of the time and finishes with it 10% of the time? Keita who catches the ball 0% of the time and finishes negative 25% of the time? Fair who can only finish going left? Triche who has reverted back to playing like Eeyore? Cooney the 20% from three sharpshooter? True freshman Jerami Grant? ...Southerland is his only legit option.

This isn't really a defense but it was Kris Joseph who said that, (in the video CTO linked). MCW just repeated the statement. He didn't disagree with it but he didn't initiate it, either.

I agree. Not all on him. I've said for years that we really don't have a great offensive scheme. A lot of what we produce offensively is from one on one play and happenstance.

And we don't have any good one on one players.

In MCW's defense, who is he supposed to pass the ball to? Rak who catches the ball 50% of the time and finishes with it 10% of the time? Keita who catches the ball 0% of the time and finishes negative 25% of the time? Fair who can only finish going left? Triche who has reverted back to playing like Eeyore? Cooney the 20% from three sharpshooter? True freshman Jerami Grant? ...Southerland is his only legit option.

What does that have to do with his statement, in which he said that Syracuse has always been better than Georgetown and always will be?

Last night was a perfect example of why no player should downgrade their opponent before a big game, and why coaches usually demand that players don't make such remarks. Gives an incentive to your opponent (locker room material), and, most times, makes the player shooting his mouth off look like an idiot. After his and the team's effort last night, MCW looks like a loud-mouth in a Lord & Taylor bathrobe, whose mouth overloaded his a$$. I hope it's a lesson learned for MCW.
What is the lesson to be learned -that he'll only be slightly poorer by falling a spot or two?

No matter what MCW does on the court, the flashes that he has shown added to his size equal multimillionaire status by this time next year. Do you honestly think he'll care about any of this, the robe, the bad games, etc?

What does that have to do with his statement, in which he said that Syracuse has always been better than Georgetown and always will be?
Nothing, aside from the fact that a bunch of people started attacking his game in this thread.

This isn't really a defense but it was Kris Joseph who said that, (in the video CTO linked). MCW just repeated the statement. He didn't disagree with it but he didn't initiate it, either.

This is irrelevant, SWC. Kris Joseph no longer plays for Syracuse; he doesn't have to back up what he said. Thus, him making the claim carries far less currency than MCW, our current point guard, repeating it on video. There is no excuse for what MCW did; it was a classless thing to do. Hubris is a meal eaten with great difficulty.

What is the lesson to be learned -that he'll only be slightly poorer by falling a spot or two?

No matter what MCW does on the court, the flashes that he has shown added to his size equal multimillionaire status by this time next year. Do you honestly think he'll care about any of this, the robe, the bad games, etc?

If you have to ask the question, VirginiaOrange, I'm not sure you would understand the answer. I'll give you a clue: it has to do with being a team player, rather than one who is auditioning for the NBA

Lets be honest, MCW hasn't played well sence Conference play Started. Today he had one or two good passes, But that doesn't mean he played well. He didn't play like a top 10 draft pick. Unfortunately we go as far as he goes And right now I don't think that's very far! Lets be honest with the Rak fans, he missed about 6 easy buckets. He is not anything like what we thought he would be this year. Even though Coleman struggles on defense we need him for offense. With his help on offense I think we can make it Deep run in March!

He wasn't great by any means, but MCW was not the problem today. Not at all.
I can name at least 3 other players who had much worse games than he did, and who were more of a reason for the loss.