MCW= Steve Novak | Syracusefan.com

MCW= Steve Novak

So last 25 mins vs Lille doesn't count including 4 game winning play and out classing Siva

Carter-Williams is inconsistent to overrated. He was outclassed today.
He is just not as seasoned as people thought he would be.

Honestly for his first year of BE play he is about what i expected. Good to great at times. Inconsistent at times. Not sure why people are expecting magic johnson just because nba people thing he potentially can be a star.

I just wish he had 2 more years to mature in a syracuse uniform as opposed to a backup nba guard for 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is still probably as good as was expected going into this year. Whenhe started lighting up the Monmouths of the world , people developed these huge expectations of him when in fact they really aren't warrented. He has made some big plays in some big games (Louisville) but he has also looked like a point guard with less than one year of full time college experience.

The sad thing is is that someone will pay him on potential this year and he will not get the opportunity to get better on the court because he is far from NBA ready. With all that said, you cant blame the kid if he is a lock for a guaranteed 2 year 7 figure contract.

You can sense his stock plummetting...

I agree. He has struggled immensely against the tougher team's guards and in the highly competitive games. Very inconsistent shooting, along with his handle. He continually finds himself jumping into the air with no where to go...other than to the opposition...which has been a concerning pattern...

I agree. He has struggled immensely against the tougher team's guards and in the highly competitive games. Very inconsistent shooting, along with his handle. He continually finds himself jumping into the air with no where to go...other than to the opposition...which has been a concerning pattern...

Just press up on him and he goes away. Marq will do it tomorrow as well.

Just press up on him and he goes away. Marq will do it tomorrow as well.

Per my general observation, he's relatively slow a foot and only possesses a mediocre handle, accompanied with a very inconsistent J. His 6'6" frame isn't currently a more significant advantage against the smaller/quicker guards because his thin build/lack of strength considerably offsets his height advantage. It's a dilemma for him (also the team) and it does -at times- make it seem as he goes away, or become somewhat inconsequential, as you elude to. In the short term, until he can prove that he can hit that J with some consistency, I think his struggles will continue against the high level competition. That being the case, unfortunately, so will SU.

yes thats my understanding that this is the replacement very soon.
If your bragging rights are based on outplaying Siva in a tight game, you have issues.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

If your bragging rights are based on outplaying Siva in a tight game, you have issues.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
???? where did you get that quote from i'm not even in this thread until now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom