MCW Takes On Stephen A. Smith | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW Takes On Stephen A. Smith

ESPN has been a joke for some time, I cannot take it seriously anymore. Other than broadcasts of actual games, they are dead to me. Daniel Tosh recently did a great parody of the joke that ESPN has become...

As for Smith, I haven't been able to take him seriously since he suggested on the Sports Reporters that the Jets should have tried a game winning field goal attempt on third down, because if they missed, they could always try the field goal again on fourth down (that he still had a job as a sports pundit after that remark is sad). But seeing this rant of his, what an entitled, egotistical scumbag. What are you gonna do little Stevie, go out of your way to slander Carter-Williams because he dared to call you out? If ever there was an obvious example of the truth hurting, this is it. He embodies everything that is wrong with modern day media. Big kudos to MCW for speaking the truth about this bozo.

Tosh is hilarious--and that parody was brilliant.

sas.jpg

SAS responds

Read Jason Whitlock.

Smith is a self-promoting, braying jackass and always has been. Sure, he's correct once in a while, but I'd much rather read Jason Whitlock than listen to/watch "Steamin' A" perform. In the times I've seen Whitlock on the tube, he has an eloquence and a sense of dignity of which Smith is completely devoid. And while they both are provocative and express opinions people may be less than comfortable hearing, Whitlock tries to make you think while Smith seems only interested in getting a reaction. Whitlock's message lies in the substance of the story, where with Smith the story is secondary to the fact that it's he who's telling it to you. Just IMHO, of course ...

Last edited:
Does Stephen A. Smith know that if he goes at MCW, he's got all of us to answer to?
For some reason this immediately popped into my head. In this instance, the role of MCW will be played by Omar Little:

Which is odd, since I always thought MCW looked a little like Wallace.

Where's Wallace? Huh? Where's Wallace, String?!

MCW within 3 years after leaving the NBA will not be broke...I agree 100% with what his Mother is doing for him.

Stephen a. Smith is nothing more than a character from a spike Lee movie discussing sports while screaming and looking constipated.