MCW & THE NBA | Syracusefan.com

MCW & THE NBA

C

Cuse44

Can someone clarify for me why he is:

1) For sure gone...which, at this point, I'd be fine with
2) He is a lottery pick, or top 10 pick, or so on

Contrary to what I thought when he came out of hs, he isn't a good scorer right now. His assists/passing ability looks a lot more human like with the better competition. We have seen him struggle with pressure. Besides his size and potential, what is it?? If you are a GM are you drafting a PG in the top 10 based on potential? I don't think there is any chance he gets significant minutes as a rookie. Look at Dion. Before workouts after the SU season no one saw him as a lottery pick. Is there anyone who wouldn't take Dion last year vs MCW this year? What does MCW do REALLY well?

Contrary to what I thought when he came out of hs, he isn't a good scorer right now. His assists/passing ability looks a lot more human like with the better competition. We have seen him struggle with pressure. Besides his size and potential, what is it?? If you are a GM are you drafting a PG in the top 10 based on potential? I don't think there is any chance he gets significant minutes as a rookie. Look at Dion. Before workouts after the SU season no one saw him as a lottery pick. Is there anyone who wouldn't take Dion last year vs MCW this year? What does MCW do REALLY well?

He is a lottery pick and he is gone.

He has the tools. They just need to be honed.

I feel bad for the team who waste money on him but MCW will make lots of money so good for him.

People think he is has the upside to be Rondo...he's gone even if he goes zero for his next 40 shots.

He is a lottery pick and he is gone.

He has the tools. They just need to be honed.

THIS is exactly what I keep hearing. I need more details.

Avg at best scorer
Shaky handle with pressure
Bad decision maker at times

What does he do REALLY well?

I feel bad for the team who waste money on him but MCW will make lots of money so good for him.
I hate all of this type of negativity. Especially from "Syracuse" fans.

THIS is exactly what I keep hearing. I need more details.

Avg at best scorer
Shaky handle with pressure
Bad decision maker at times

What does he do REALLY well?

Measureables.

I hate all of this type of negativity. Especially from "Syracuse" fans.

Yeah I'm not a fan, you caught me. G'Town fan undercover.

To me his inability to score has been the biggest disappointment.

it's really not going out on a limb to say an SU player will dissapoint in the Association...but I say MCW bucks the trend. His game seems suited for next level, wide open play.

Hmmm...He leads the NCAA in assists.

That makes him a sure fire lottery pick? One of my best friends played at Marist, led the nation in assists most of the season...didn't get a sniff of the NBA

I would take MCW over Dion every time, but I've made it pretty clear here that I thought Waiters was one of the more overhyped players we've had in awhile.

Hmmm...He leads the NCAA in assists.
It must be some sort of an anomaly.

I'm predicting people will say it is only because of Southerland shot making, but not having the floor spread because of a lack of three point shooters is certainly causing guys to double MCW more frequently making it more difficult for him to pass the ball.

it's really not going out on a limb to say an SU player will dissapoint in the Association...but I say MCW bucks the trend. His game seems suited for next level, wide open play.

This. I think he's the best guy we'll have in the NBA after Melo (that's active I mean).

This. I think he's the best guy we'll have in the NBA after Melo (that's active I mean).

Yep, wont even be close, imo. Dion is already trying to shoot his way to the end of a bench.

And I don't think he is that awful of a shooter. I just think his shot form needs to be honed and he will hit much more consistently. He doesn't always follow through. He is anxious on FTs and Threes. I could see him doing very well at the next level IF he puts the work in.

That makes him a sure fire lottery pick? One of my best friends played at Marist, led the nation in assists most of the season...didn't get a sniff of the NBA

Was your best friend 6'6''? The NBA will draft him on potential, they can always find a quick guard who can dish and handle. Its HARD to stick in the NBA, many good players don't sniff it.

Was your best friend 6'6''? The NBA will draft him on potential, they can always find a quick guard who can dish and handle. Its HARD to stick in the NBA, many good players don't sniff it.

I don't doubt he would be drafted. I doubt he's a lottery pick. If I'm a GM of an NBA team bad enough to be drafting in the lottery I'm not drafting a PG on potential. It is much different drafting a big man on potential.

I don't doubt he would be drafted. I doubt he's a lottery pick. If I'm a GM of an NBA team bad enough to be drafting in the lottery I'm not drafting a PG on potential. It is much different drafting a big man on potential.

Look where Dion, Jonny and Wes went...and they didnt have the size or upside that MCW does at his position.

Yep, wont even be close, imo. Dion is already trying to shoot his way to the end of a bench.

Dion's actually playing much better now.

He's averaging 15 ppg, shooting 42% in January which is a big improvement in FG%. Turnovers are down a little too.

I think he sits before he plays much at the next l
As I said he has work to do. So definitely wouldn't surprise me. It really depends on what team signs him tho.

Look where Dion, Jonny and Wes went...and they didnt have the size or upside that MCW does at his position.

But they were all better players at the college level...at least to this point in MCW's career, hopefully he can change that in the next 2+ months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom