MCW tweet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I interpret that as...nerlens telling mcw dont ruin it, keep em guessing...one can hope

If you were the #1 overall recruit, and it didn't really matter where you spent 1-2 years of college before becoming a guaranteed NBA lottery pick, wouldn't you always pick the school your good buddy plays (and will also star) at with you? Especially when the schools your deciding between (Kentucky & Syracuse) are perennial top 5-10 teams in the country anyway? Throw in that Syracuse is closer to home, and I know that would be my pick, even if trying to be unbiased.

(sorry Georgetown, can't really list you as a choice in this. lol)

If you were the #1 overall recruit, and it didn't really matter where you spent 1-2 years of college before becoming a guaranteed NBA lottery pick, wouldn't you always pick the school your good buddy plays (and will also star) at with you? Especially when the schools your deciding between (Kentucky & Syracuse) are perennial top 5-10 teams in the country anyway? Throw in that Syracuse is closer to home, and I know that would be my pick, even if trying to be unbiased.

Because (according to Georgetown) their system is perfect for him, and ours blows; the only way he'd come here is if we pay him. Going to Syracuse would make him regress terribly and he'd eventually end up out of the league after his first contract. If went to DC, he'd be an All-Star by his 2nd year in the NBA and a future HOFer

Hes playing the game, No problem with that

He is coming to Syracuse

He wants to be wanted, Be courted. Hes playing the game and he cant lose

While this works against us, I think I'd go for warm weather and hot chicks....not sure that is Georgetown or UK either though.

While this works against us, I think I'd go for warm weather and hot chicks....not sure that is Georgetown or UK either though.
Rumor is that Noel doesn't want to go to the South.

I'm in Cincinnati for college; I grew up in COnnecticut. While the comparison from Connecticut to Cincy isn't drastic (don't get me wrong, it's still different), Kentukcy is a whole different ball game, it's where the "south" essentially starts. UK definitely has nicer weather, can't speak on the girls (never been to the campus).

If he wants to be an area similar to the northeast; he'll go to Syracuse or DC, simple as that.

He's torn because his Mom wants GT and Cal told him "you go to UK, you're guaranteed #1 pick, you go SU, then just look at their past record". Obviously other things being equal he'd just stay northeast and play with a buddy. Lots of pros/cons for each school though.

Gotta love Hoyatalk.

nychoya3
Golden Hoya (over 1000 posts)
star.gif

member is online

male.gif

xx.gif
Re: Nerlens Noel '12
« Reply #1475 Yesterday at 11:54am »

He has no idea. Neither does anyone else. People are giving UK and SU better odds because of the belief that if money changes hands, they will play that game and GU will not. If it's a straight up decision, we have the same shot as anyone else.

Gotta love Hoyatalk.

nychoya3
Golden Hoya (over 1000 posts)
star.gif

member is online

male.gif

xx.gif
Re: Nerlens Noel '12

« Reply #1475 Yesterday at 11:54am »
He has no idea. Neither does anyone else. People are giving UK and SU better odds because of the belief that if money changes hands, they will play that game and GU will not. If it's a straight up decision, we have the same shot as anyone else.
I love the moral high ground, where I can almost guarantee, if it is money Noel wanted they would be more than willing to make him an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom