MCW tweet | Syracusefan.com

MCW tweet

jdubs30

Living Legend
Michael Carter-Willi@MJCWilliams
The only person I have to blame is me.

His play might be erratic. But after every loss he has a tweet like this, it's clear he takes these losses personally. We just have to hope it clicks in his head between now and next week...

His play might be erratic. But after every loss he has a tweet like this, it's clear he takes these losses personally. We just have to hope it clicks in his head between now and next week...

Well, I'm sure he does, but it & his same 'ol tweats are getting old, just like his same repetitive stupid turnovers in crunch time.

Yet he continues to make the same mistakes every game. Hope it improves

Can't deny that the passes he makes to start the break are usually right on the money though. Unfortunately they are to the wrong team, but he doesn't miss many of them at all when he does that patented jump in the lane and look to pass to the top of the key while spinning wildly.

We don't need him to be Kemba. If he can get about 7 assists and keep it to 1 turnover a game we'll be fine.
We'd need more than that to make it past the sweet 16.

Please God let him go crazy like Kemba in march.

Won't happen...Kemba's offensive skills were killer. That crossover dribble of his could create separation in a split second, and his J was money. MCW's skillset at this time isn't even in the same stratosphere.

There was a point tonight, in the second half, when I was fine with his play. Nothing great but okay. Then he and the team imploded. The point guard has to take a lot of the blame. Again, I'd be fine with his transgressions if not for the lottery pick talk.

There was a point tonight, in the second half, when I was fine with his play. Nothing great but okay. Then he and the team imploded. The point guard has to take a lot of the blame. Again, I'd be fine with his transgressions if not for the lottery pick talk.
I actually don't mind his play lately compared to when he was taking 17 shots and making 3. But we can't afford to get NOTHING from both him and Triche.

Yeah, since he's a soph and this is really his first season of relevant PT, I would too. The whole lottery pick thing just makes me so much more critical of his play.

That's all good but in reality, he's not a great point guard. We are all waiting for something special to happen, and we thought MCW was a someone who could carry the team on his back, but it's obvious he is not the team's leader. The problem is that the team doesn't have one.

NIT i guess?

The kid gives it everything he has. It's a learning process. Not unlike Scoop's progression. It's just frustrating that we have to live with the valleys his sophomore year and won't get the payback when he grows up as a junior and senior...since he won't be here. Makes you appreciate Sherman Douglas all the more...for those old enough to have seen him...he was fantastic as a soph.

The kid gives it everything he has. It's a learning process. Not unlike Scoop's progression. It's just frustrating that we have to live with the valleys his sophomore year and won't get the payback when he grows up as a junior and senior...since he won't be here. Makes you appreciate Sherman Douglas all the more...for those old enough to have seen him...he was fantastic as a soph.
And he was a soph who only played 300 minutes as a freshman. It was incredible how he made everyone forget Pearl Washington.

This isn't 1987. Sophmore's don't get passes in an extremely diluted era of college basketball.

MCW is NOT Kemba, omg stop. MCW would devestate other teams if he had people around him who could put the ball in the basket. He's not quick or fast with crazy ball skills...He's tall and smooth with crazy vision. Since we have noone besides Southerland who can put the ball in the basket, other teams just condense their defense and take away what would be MCW's strength.

MCW is NOT Kemba, omg stop. MCW would devestate other teams if he had people around him who could put the ball in the basket. He's not quick or fast with crazy ball skills...He's tall and smooth with crazy vision. Since we have noone besides Southerland who can put the ball in the basket, other teams just condense their defense and take away what would be MCW's strength.

check out this kid cj fair, he could be a good one

check out this kid cj fair, he could be a good one
I like CJ but hes also negatively impacted by our 2g who isnt able to do anything. When teams condense their defense CJ has no room to operate, same as MCW. CJ also needs to be able to penetrate going right. Good teams can take away your left if thats your go to move besides a pull up jumper.

No he's not. Kemba had the skills and ability to completely take over the game and carry his team...again & again...to the nc. He didn't have the supporting cast either, so for me, that was a pure indication that he was a legit NBA type player. If MCW was such a sure thing for the NBA, he certainly hasn't had any such moments (L'ville handed that game to us) to support his alleged great NBA potential. As you suggest, his court vision is crazy...it makes me friggin crazy watching those -stuck in no man's land- jump passes his continues to make leading to crucial to's at crunch time. Now, that's 'smooth' too...for the opposition. :bang:

That still doesn't explain throwing the ball to the other team.

I like CJ but hes also negatively impacted by our 2g who isnt able to do anything. When teams condense their defense CJ has no room to operate, same as MCW. CJ also needs to be able to penetrate going right. Good teams can take away your left if thats your go to move besides a pull up jumper.
i hear what you're saying but to say that james is the only one to put the ball in the basket is a bit obtuse

the way i see it-

rebounding on defense is the root of all evil-if they could rebound and start the break this team would be in way better shape-

i dont think they have the mental capability to play a half court game- the first sign of negativity and they go all opera star-me me me me me me me-

and it would relieve the ball handling issues of mcw- fast breaks he can do- half court is beyond his mental game right now-