MCW vs Melo on MSG | Syracusefan.com

MCW vs Melo on MSG

Melo doesn't realize the game started yet.

MCW looks good, Knicks announcers gushing over him.

Pearl Washingon court side. Got a mention on the Knicks broadcast.

Serious question: are the five on the court right now for the 76ers the worst lineup ever?

Serious question: are the five on the court right now for the 76ers the worst lineup ever?
MCWs numbers have dipped a bit since the All Star Break but what did anyone expect. That lineup is awful. They traded away 2 of their best players and a rotation guy. MCW is trying to be ROY while 76ers brass is telling him to be a tank commander.

76ers are AWFUL.

MCW is a beast. Thaddeus Young is a solid role player and Tony Wroten is a good rotation guy. That's literally all they have. Of course this will all change after Noel comes back and they hit the lotto in the draft.

Knicks announcers (Breen/Clyde) were VERY complimentary of MCW.

Clyde on Williams, "MCW is being called the face of the franchise, they traded Turner & Hawes. Now he's leading rookies in swishing, dishing & steals he's on track to become rookie of the year. He'd only be the second Sixer to win that coveted award."

He leads all rookies in these categories:

Points 16.7
Assists 6.3
Rebounds 5.4
Steals 2.0
Minutes 34.3

Victor Oladipo of Orlando is the only other candidate

Cadillac Trivia Question

MCW was the 11th overall pick by the Sixers in the 2013 draft. Who was the last double-digit draft pick to be named rookie of the year? It doesn't happen often it usually goes to a single digit pick. Here's a hint, it's been a while.

The last five games he's really been struggling shooting the ball he's 29% (21 of 72). Al Trauitwig said he's impressed by MCW's on court demeanor, Clyde said he does it all, he scores, assists, rebounds makes steals. His 2 steals per game is 4th in the league and 1st among rookies.

Cold Hard Facts by Coors

MCW on pace to become third player since 1950-51 to lead all NBA rookies in Pts, Rebs, & Asts
Alvan Adams ('75-76)

BTW the answer to the Cadillac Trivia Question was Mark Jackson who was the 18th overall pick by the Knicks in 1987

Last edited:
Clyde on Williams, "MCW is being called the face of the franchise, they traded Turner & Hawes. Now he's leading rookies in swishing, dishing & steals he's on track to become rookie of the year. He'd only be the second Sixer to win that coveted award."

He leads all rookies in these categories:

Points 16.7
Assists 6.3
Rebounds 5.4
Steals 2.0
Minutes 34.3

Young Penny Hardaway type numbers! (other than FG%, obviously).

per espn, only two other players the last ten years have had multiple triple doubles during their rookie season.

chris paul
blake griffen

harbinger of good things.

I wonder what the Sixers do with their pick? Do they go Wiggins or take the risk in Embiid and hope he doesn't have back issues the rest of his career? If he enters, I'd almost take Parker over those two, assuming he's committed to improving his D.

I wonder what the Sixers do with their pick? Do they go Wiggins or take the risk in Embiid and hope he doesn't have back issues the rest of his career? If he enters, I'd almost take Parker over those two, assuming he's committed to improving his D.
They already have Noel who has given them nothing so far.

76ers are AWFUL.

MCW is a beast. Thaddeus Young is a solid role player and Tony Wroten is a good rotation guy. That's literally all they have. Of course this will all change after Noel comes back and they hit the lotto in the draft.

Knicks announcers (Breen/Clyde) were VERY complimentary of MCW.

17 straight losses with 19 games to go. We knew it would be bad, but 36 losses in a row to live with all summer? I'm just hoping for maybe 2 wins spaced in between the remaining 19.

I worry about MCW's mental health.

you're assuming they get the #1 pick. The worst team has a 25% of getting #1. The key with this draft is getting a top 3 pick. Can't go wrong with Parker, Embid, or Wiggins. The team with the worst record has a 64.3% chance of a top 3 pick. I wouldn't mind the Lakers getting the #3. Take whomever of the above mentioned is available. Even Kupchack couldn't screw that up.

I didn't realize that he was also leading all rookies in rebounding. That's incredible for a point guard.

I think if Burke had been healthy all season he could have given MVW a race for ROY, but missing that first chunk really cost him.

This was a much better draft for point guards in hindsight than people believed at the time.

I think the 76ers, if given their choice, should take Parker or Wiggins. They already have Nerlens Noel and Thaddeus Young at the 4 and 5. Get a shooter at the 2 guard and they would have a really nice young nucleus.

17 straight losses with 19 games to go. We knew it would be bad, but 36 losses in a row to live with all summer? I'm just hoping for maybe 2 wins spaced in between the remaining 19.

I worry about MCW's mental health.
In Bill Simmons mailbag he questioned whether the 76ers could actually pull this off. Another solution he had for tanking - if a team loses 90% of it's games during any 35 game stretch, the owners have to give 30% back to season's tickets holders.

I think the Sixers can absolutely walk the table. This is one of my more favorite NBA storylines right now. The team is truly awful. Their current team I think for sure is worse than the 73 sixers.

I think the Sixers can absolutely walk the table. This is one of my more favorite NBA storylines right now. The team is truly awful. Their current team I think for sure is worse than the 73 sixers.
When MCW isnt in they dont even look like an NBA caliber team. We ballooned the lead in the beginning of the 4th when MCW was resting.

you're assuming they get the #1 pick. The worst team has a 25% of getting #1. The key with this draft is getting a top 3 pick. Can't go wrong with Parker, Embid, or Wiggins. The team with the worst record has a 64.3% chance of a top 3 pick. I wouldn't mind the Lakers getting the #3. Take whomever of the above mentioned is available. Even Kupchack couldn't screw that up.

Philly, Boston, NY and LA in the lottery. hmmmm... Conspiracy Part II. Does anybody think that one of those four, the last two in particular, will net get the #

That 72-73 team was full of solid veterans at the end of their careers. Hal Greer, Bill Bridges, Kevin Loughery, one of the Van Arsdales. They were the '62 Mets.
This current Sixer squad is more like the '61 Phillies.

When MCW isnt in they dont even look like an NBA caliber team. We ballooned the lead in the beginning of the 4th when MCW was resting.

When MCW is in they aren't an NBA team, so when he goes out...

Philly, Boston, NY and LA in the lottery. hmmmm... Conspiracy Part II. Does anybody think that one of those four, the last two in particular, will net get the #

Philly will have a 25% chance, assumign they have the worst record. Knicks don't have their lotto pick this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom