MCW was huge today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW was huge today

Half of these people would find fault for a 14 assist, 1 turnover game... Oh wait, they already did...

And then we have posts where they say Triche and Southerland played essentially perfect games. It is amazing that MCW doesn't get the same credit. He is the one that is making Syracuse go in this tourney, but Southerland has gotten all the attention because of his magnificent shooting - which has been set up by MCW.

Seriously, What is with our fans picking sides with our own players?

Great team win. Every contribution was important in what ended up being a close game.

Time to shelve the agendas and quit rooting for the names on the back of jerseys--it's getting tiresome.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Triche played fine today. Hit several big shots.
Played fine but was shaky down the stretch - accentuated by an 0-fer trip to the FT line.

Played fine but was shaky down the stretch - accentuated by an 0-fer trip to the FT line.

A senior needs to drain both of those Free throws with the game on the line--no argument there.

Great team win. Every contribution was important in what ended up being a close game.

Time to shelve the agendas and quit rooting for the names on the back of jerseys--it's getting tiresome.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Oh, I root for Syracuse.

Which is why I find it extremely frustrating when MCW has played his best basketball in the last 7 plus games of this season and you come here to people comparing him to James Theus, hoping he goes pro so he isn't on the team anymore and how everything that occurs badly with this team is because of him (be it chemistry, offense, defense, etc).

But, did you really expect to come to a thread titled "MCW was huge today", see people pick him apart (again) and not expect people to defend him?

I haven't created any threads hyping a player or not hyping a player (I think the only player I have posted negatively about is Keita and that is only with the number of minutes he gets), but will respond when people go over the top of their criticisms (which has happened with MCW the most).

Sorry if you think I have an agenda. I just want to see the team win like everyone else - because discussions when the team is winning are good - the discussions when they aren't focus on hyperbole).

Here is to dominating Georgetown tomorrow with Keita scoring 25!

I had no confidence in his free throws. Thankfully, he stepped up big time and knocked them down. He needs to play really well tomorrow, but if we are to have a chance, James and Brandon need to be able to score on GT.

I had no confidence in his free throws. Thankfully, he stepped up big time and knocked them down. He needs to play really well tomorrow, but if we are to have a chance, James and Brandon need to be able to score on GT.

I had the utmost confidence in MCW. His last 10 games he has shot 36-43 (84%) from the FT line. He has really improved and is rock solid from the line, especially when it matters. Let's hope I didn't give him the whammy.

He giveth and taketh away against good teams. He needs to stop making foolish turnovers - most were not due to great defense. Great job nailing those ft's at the end!
MCW was great down the stretch after a making a few poor plays/decisions that helped Pitt stay in the game late. He was like the guy who accidentally set the building ablaze but then got everyone out safely and put out the fire.

If we lost the game his 6 turnovers and some boneheaded play down the stretch would've stuck out like a sore thumb.

Huge would've been 10 assists with fewer than 5 turnovers and 8-10 points against a good team. I would not say he had a huge game he was clutch at the very end and that was good to see but not huge.

Would love nothing more than to be wrong and witness a Melo-like "I'm taking over" 3 weeks occur for this young man and his teammates.

Life lobs chances to be siezed...
Absolutely, except that Melo did have a lot of help down the stretch as well. We need to repeat last night's game eight more times.

POINT
Half of these people would find fault for a 14 assist, 1 turnover game... Oh wait, they already did...

And then we have posts where they say Triche and Southerland played essentially perfect games. It is amazing that MCW doesn't get the same credit. He is the one that is making Syracuse go in this tourney, but Southerland has gotten all the attention because of his magnificent shooting - which has been set up by MCW.

Let's Go Orange!!!

CASE

Huge would've been 10 assists with fewer than 5 turnovers and 8-10 points against a good team. I would not say he had a huge game he was clutch at the very end and that was good to see but not huge.