MCW | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW

How maddening was that game? Gailey and Wannstedt need to Adios. I'm so sick of these predictable, heart wrenching losses.

Exact replica of the Tennessee game. Allow the team to drive all the way down field, allow a fourth down play, drop a pick, let them score. Then, throw a pick.
I was at the game and it was awful to watch gailey needs to be fired now

I was at the game and it was awful to watch gailey needs to be fired now

And Wannstedt. Week in, week out. So frustrating. Gailey sits back and plays not to lose instead of to win. He isn't competent enough to coach peewee football.

Dont wanna hijack this thread but...

33 throws for Fitz

8 touches for Spiller

Its insanity

It's not like CJ was at the top of all Rbs in YPC...wait.

This is the last thing i needed after that Bills game today.

I should just pick a favorite figure skater and give up on the rest of these sports.

Tonya Harding.

Off-thread, but I'll start watching/thinking about the Bills as soon as they draft an SU player or sign and SU UDFA. Until then, let the beatdowns continue.

Off-thread, but I'll start watching/thinking about the Bills as soon as they draft an SU player or sign and SU UDFA. Until then, let the beatdowns continue.

They can sign Nassib to be a clipboard holder for Vick. At least until Week 4 when Vick gets hurt again.

They can sign Nassib to be a clipboard holder for Vick. At least until Week 4 when Vick gets hurt again.
Yah, Vic is a medical hardship at this point with so many head injuries. And I do (quietly) like Fitzy ... hard not to root for a harvard guy in the NFL. Maybe he can hold Ryan's clipboard if they're: 1- smart enough to draft him (?); and 2- competent enough to figure out how good he is.

As far as Buffalo/SU history, actually, I think they had David Bird in camp at one point as a UDFA. But I don't think he ever saw the field. Other than that (as far as I can remember, at least), they've had a zipper on their roster for SU guys since Polian went to the Colts. That's what, 15-20 years ago? No excuse for a franchise located a couple hours down the NY thruway.

Despite the 'blacklist', Buffalo has been wooing central NY fans by moving their practice facility to Rochester and running all kinds of media hype through upstate markets. So not only does the front office suck, the marketing team is not paying attention either.

Yah, Vic is a medical hardship at this point with so many head injuries. And I do (quietly) like Fitzy ... hard not to root for a harvard guy in the NFL. Maybe he can hold Ryan's clipboard if they're: 1- smart enough to draft him (?); and 2- competent enough to figure out how good he is.

As far as Buffalo/SU history, actually, I think they had David Bird in camp at one point as a UDFA. But I don't think he ever saw the field. Other than that, they've had a zipper on their roster for SU guys since Polian went to the Colts ... that's what, 15-20 years ago? No excuse for a franchise located a couple hours down the NY thruway.

Despite the 'blacklist', Buffalo has been wooing central NY fans by moving their practice facility to Rochester and running all kinds of media hype through upstate markets. So not only does the front office suck, the marketing team is not paying attention either.

Byrd left the Bills' training camp. Too bad, because he had NFL DB skills.

Byrd left the Bills' training camp. Too bad, because he had NFL DB skills.
Yes, he was a special cover guy. And to be clear, I wasn't blaming the bills for that. At least they had him in camp ... a rarity for the organization. It's really a pathetic situation. I'd like to hear the real story over a beer some day -- has to be 'politics' involved (something outside of the football realm). Because we all know SU has produced many talented kids .. none of whom have gotten as much as a sniff from Buffalo.

There was the Gary Anderson incident back in the early 80s. The Bills spent a mid-round pick on Anderson - the rumor is that Anderson didn't want to play for the Bills, so he purposely tanked it in camp, and the Bills cut him.

I don't really think that there's an anti-SU bias in the Bills administration - a number of different GMs and coaches have roamed the halls in the past 20 years. Polian drafted Freeney and Josh Thomas while in Indy (signed Carter too) - I have a hard time seeing
Polian agree to not sign/drafts kids from a particular school.

How maddening was that game? Gailey and Wannstedt need to Adios. I'm so sick of these predictable, heart wrenching losses.

Exact replica of the Tennessee game. Allow the team to drive all the way down field, allow a fourth down play, drop a pick, let them score. Then, throw a pick.

You know I was at the game and Gailey made all the safe, coaching 101 calls, and they didn't work, primary being the 4th and 7 from the Rams 33 in the 4th. Gailey eschewed the FG that would have made the score a gap of 8 pts. Wind was at Lindell's back left to right, makeable but no means a gimmee. 7 yrds was too long to go for on 4th with the lead. So they do the coaching 101 play and punt. Great punt, even better coverage, downed it in the 5. The killer was the long 3 down pass over Gilmore (5yds over him) that got the Rams past the 30. Gibson owned Gilmore that last series.

This is the last thing i needed after that Bills game today.

I should just pick a favorite figure skater and give up on the rest of these sports.
Hell and Fred Jackson is probably out for the year. The Bills only ran 1 play and a punt after the injury. What an omen.

You know I was at the game and Gailey made all the safe, coaching 101 calls, and they didn't work, primary being the 4th and 7 from the Rams 33 in the 4th. Gailey eschewed the FG that would have made the score a gap of 8 pts. Wind was at Lindell's back left to right, makeable but no means a gimmee. 7 yrds was too long to go for on 4th with the lead. So they do the coaching 101 play and punt. Great punt, even better coverage, downed it in the 5. The killer was the long 3 down pass over Gilmore (5yds over him) that got the Rams past the 30. Gibson owned Gilmore that last series.

What were people in your section saying about the game? We handed away at least two games this year. Same tune every year.

What were people in your section saying about the game? We handed away at least two games this year. Same tune every year.
The play I described above , all the other people in my area were screaming vehemently for the FG. I actually thought the punt was the best call but I was outnumbered. Fitzpatrick really is not well liked. I knew he wasn't but , wow, the fans hate him. When the game ending pick happened its like there was a mass "How did we not see THIS coming??" Chandler looks WAY bigger in person that he does on TV, and he is WAY underutilized. The phantom block on Gilmores's TD was a killer.

Yes, he was a special cover guy. And to be clear, I wasn't blaming the bills for that. At least they had him in camp ... a rarity for the organization. It's really a pathetic situation. I'd like to hear the real story over a beer some day -- has to be 'politics' involved (something outside of the football realm). Because we all know SU has produced many talented kids .. none of whom have gotten as much as a sniff from Buffalo.
Buffalo always seemed to gravitate towards smaller schools "finds". We've had a couple Orange on the Bills, Bill Hurley played a couple games, George Jakowenko kicked for them but yeah, not much since the 60's when guys like Al Bemiller and Art Baker played. The Bills used to actually draft SU players high in the early 60's. They actually had the AFL draft rights to Ernie Davis.

Buffalo always seemed to gravitate towards smaller schools "finds". We've had a couple Orange on the Bills, Bill Hurley played a couple games, George Jakowenko kicked for them but yeah, not much since the 60's when guys like Al Bemiller and Art Baker played. The Bills used to actually draft SU players high in the early 60's. They actually had the AFL draft rights to Ernie Davis.

Interesting history. I had forgotten about Hurley ... but he played during the late 70's I think. That's 35-40 years ago. How can the Bills market the organization as a legitimate NY pro franchise and not draft an SU kid (or even have a SU-UDFA on its roster) for almost 40 years? Pathetic.

And if anyone posts a reply even hinting that Buffalo is "too good" to take SU players .. I'll go ahead and vomit on my desk ...

Hell and Fred Jackson is probably out for the year. The Bills only ran 1 play and a punt after the injury. What an omen.
Spiller should have been starting anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom